Is ADK's Crossed Swords 2 worth buying a Neo CD for?

Redguard

New Challenger
ADK's Crossed Swords 2 has always intrigued me. Is this one game worth buying a Neo Geo CD?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
No, but if you consider other neo cd games that are relatively cheap on cd compared to the other formats it's well worth owning, even if you just have a few games. Windjammers, Pulstar, and Last Resort are at the top of my list.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
It's worth getting a neo cd so you can enjoy the loading screens. The delayed gratification makes it oh so much sweeter.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
The Neo CD gets a lot of shit, but I enjoy mine; though I don't play any fighters and its a CDZ. As GohanX pointed out, there are titles that make it well worth the purchase vs MVS and some of the CD soundtracks are great bonuses. I think having a Neo CD and MVS is the best combo. To answer your original question, I don't know as I don't own CS2 yet.

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Not really. I had it on my CDZ before and it was ok. That's why I didn't jump on the MVS/AES editions, even though I greatly respect the work that went into that project. Try it out if you really want to and if you hate it, the resale value is fairly solid. It just wasn't my cup of tea.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Try it in an emulator. If it rocks your world buy a NGCD.

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
NGCD is worth owning for a few titles, especially if you can read/understand Japanese. It also is a good way to play games for less money than MVS or AES (usually).

I've not played Crossed Swords II, but it looks to be pretty similar to the first, which I enjoyed.

It's all a matter of personal preference. I use my Omega CMVS or cabs more often than anything, but when I didn't have those, my NGCD got a lot of play time.

Shanadria

New Challenger
Not really, in my opinion. buy a Neo Geo CD for fighting gmes....no, wait. I thinks its better if you buy an AES xD

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I loved my NeoCD, I didn't care about the long loading times, I usually just get up and get some water or do other things instead of sitting there and complain about it. Plus you can make your own games to test out the ones you want to buy on the format. Not to mention you can use it as a CD player. And now that there is a Unibios for NeoCD, why not?

Ah well. I already have the first and this was something like $299 USD? If I was going to drop that on a game I'd want it to be something different than what I already have so my collection can be diverse, even if it is small by this forum's standards :) Maybe it'll come up for resale sometime in the future though.

Last edited:

Redguard

New Challenger
I loved my NeoCD, I didn't care about the long loading times, I usually just get up and get some water or do other things instead of sitting there and complain about it. Plus you can make your own games to test out the ones you want to buy on the format. Not to mention you can use it as a CD player. And now that there is a Unibios for NeoCD, why not?

Awesome! This reply alone just convinced me to get one.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
My favorite way to play Samurai Shodown 1 is on the NeoCd. Music is awesome and that game is cheap!

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Neo game is different from other consoles. It takes time for you to "enjoy" the quality of game instead of rushing through the whole thing. Load time is okay and you will enjoy CS2.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
No, but if you consider other neo cd games that are relatively cheap on cd compared to the other formats it's well worth owning, even if you just have a few games. Windjammers, Pulstar, and Last Resort are at the top of my list.

Yeah i agree with gohan, i've had a neo cd for a long time and have picked up pulstar, last resort, mutation nation, robo army, viewpoint and a load of other's cheap compared to cartridge. I've also got crossed swords 2 and IMO it's not worth buying a neo cd just to get that game.
The one game i ain't got that i would like is ironclad, being a shooter fan i really like the look of this and it's also by saurus. but it's silly money for a ngcd game, maybe the most expensive?
But when you weigh up the options you'd be silly not to consider a ngcd, fighting games have got load times but its only the last blade that i found unbearable, that is beyond, unless you turn demo off in the options.