Is Amakusa Shiro (SS1) the easiest SNK Boss?

Edmond Dantes

Rugal's Thug
So yesterday, I finally beat Samurai Shodown 1 (PS2 Anthology version) for the first time. I was playing on MVS difficulty, as Haohmaru.

So, knowing this is SNK, and remembering how much Geese Howard and Rugal Bernstein handed my ass to me, and on top of that the last few opponents were ridiculously tough, I expected Amakusa, enemy to crazy funsters everywhere, to give me a whuppin'.

... I beat him without using a continue.

and I was like "Seriously?"

Did anyone else find Amakusa Shiro to be pathetically easy? Or was this some sort of fluke?

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
So yesterday, I finally beat Samurai Shodown 1 (PS2 Anthology version) for the first time. I was playing on MVS difficulty, as Haohmaru.

So, knowing this is SNK, and remembering how much Geese Howard and Rugal Bernstein handed my ass to me, and on top of that the last few opponents were ridiculously tough, I expected Amakusa, enemy to crazy funsters everywhere, to give me a whuppin'.

... I beat him without using a continue.

and I was like "Seriously?"

Did anyone else find Amakusa Shiro to be pathetically easy? Or was this some sort of fluke?
He's definitely one of the easier SNK bosses. But it depends how lucky you are when you're fighting him. I think the difficulty levels on the PS2 Anthology are the same as on the Neo Geo.
Another easy boss is Mr. Karate in Art of Fighting. As far as SNK bosses go, he's relatively easy to beat.

Last edited:

Yun

New Challenger
first round Amakusa has one of the funniest AI exploit in gaming

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The first World Heroes probably had the easiest one. He can't even attack without morphing first.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
I've been playing ss1 on level 4 MVS and I've been getting my stool pushed in.
Gotta knock the rust off these fingers.

Edmond Dantes

Rugal's Thug
The first World Heroes probably had the easiest one. He can't even attack without morphing first.

Now that I've finally played World Heroes, I agree. Gee Gus easily is more pathetic than Amakusa. The only time he's a challenge at all is if he morphs into a character who is a pain in the ass anyway (like Dragon) or its a Death Match.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Can anyone tell me who is the easiest boss of any SNK fighting game? You would have thought it might be one the lesser known fighters (instead of World Heroes). I suppose World Heroes was generally kind of easy for an SNK fighter.
For some of the later SNK fighters you can cheat by using the service mode (decrease difficulty, enemy has 1/4 energy, etc). But that doesn't technically mean the boss is easier.