Is it worth it? Gauntlet: Dark legacy cabinet.

Anselm

Camel Slug
I found a Gauntlet: Dark Legacy cabinet in my local area for $250. The cabinet itself is in excellent shape. The monitor has some discoloring in the top corners (I'm thinking he may have a pair of unshielded speakers installed) but otherwise it looks brand new. The cabinet and all artwork are in excellent shape. Now for the bad news...

It doesn't have Gauntlet installed. He's selling it no game installed. He powered up a copy of The Simpsons to show me that the cabinet functions.

Also he replaced the joysticks with cheaper Happ style controllers which he says will not work with Gauntlet, the ones required cost $120 each.

Finally, he said some of the wiring to the console may need work since he changed some things to make it straight JAMMA compatible.

My gut tells me it's not worth the trouble. Anyone have a better insight to this?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
That sucks that it has no game, I think the game itself goes for $200 or so. I'd avoid it unless you have the game already and stuff unless you want to convert it to 4 player X-men or something.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
I'd take it but then again I have all of the parts to turn it back already. The joysticks can be found for decent prices on ebay. I got a fully working complete pcb setup off ebay last week for $97.50.

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
I wouldn't bother with it... The cab has a 24kHz monitor if I'm not mistaken... So you can't run too much on it. The stock sticks are the 49 way kind so that limits you even more. Recently I tried selling one of these cabs and it was basically near mint, no one wanted it for $500.

Anselm

Camel Slug
Thx for all of the inputs. My gut told me to walk away so I got the reassurance I needed :)

~Anselm~