Is my monitor repairable with a capkit?

MarrymeMai

Frenzy Football Player
Hi all,

I have a 19" Samsung arcade monitor which from the get-go had the wrong monitor board installed (it was a vector board on a raster monitor!). Obviously, with the proper board now on it, it fails to work properly; the image is very distorted. I don't need it, and was thinking about trying to hawk it off for maybe like $50 if it could be fixed (seeing as it is technically still new), but I don't want to rip anyone off. Would a capkit fix it? Thanks.

-MMM

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
More details please. Tube number? Monitor chassis model? Are you sure you have the correct chassis for your tube? Pics of the monitor image would help. Is the yoke correct for your chassis?

MarrymeMai

Frenzy Football Player
Pics of the monitor image would help.

It's currently on eBay with a lot of caveats:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170604392404&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

I know that the monitor board is the correct board for the tube. What had happened was that it was sent to me without a monitor board, and me being an idiot, put one on that I had laying around (it was a vector board off a Gyruss, this is obviously a rastar monitor). Two days after the monitor had arrived and I had already screwed it up, I was really pissed that the correct monitor board came in the mail! By that time it was too late.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Gyruss is not a vector game.

There is no such thing as a raster or vector tube.

Last edited:

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Could be a vector yoke I guess? But yeah a tube is a tube.