Is SNKP still capable of producing a modern-day Crystalis sequel?

Yes, KOF is nice and I'm a huge Metal Slug fan, but this is something I'd want to see more than anything.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Probably but they wont unless it's a card game or pachinko

Earthquake24

Dodgeball Yakuza
Yes, KOF is nice and I'm a huge Metal Slug fan, but this is something I'd want to see more than anything.

Are they capable? Maybe. Would they bother to try? Probably not. That's really what it comes down to. I've wanted to a sequel since forever too. The only way we most likely see one is if a fan-made one gets put together.

Probably but they wont unless it's a card game or pachinko

Ugh...

Are they capable? Maybe. Would they bother to try? Probably not. That's really what it comes down to. I've wanted to a sequel since forever too. The only way we most likely see one is if a fan-made one gets put together.

But why wouldn't they want to expand their market aside from just fighters and shooters?

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Ugh...
But why wouldn't they want to expand their market aside from just fighters and shooters?

Financial risk - the invested time and money vs. odds that they'd profit. Are you talking like an indie-type throwback sequel or a competitive AAA title?

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
i don't think they are "capable" because there few graphist or programmer in SNK
but they could licenced the game by an other society

Financial risk - the invested time and money vs. odds that they'd profit. Are you talking like an indie-type throwback sequel or a competitive AAA title?

3D and 2-D RPG's of various types are currently a lucrative market.

In fact, wouldn't they be more less-risk/high-reward than what they're currently focusing on, mainly 2-D fighting games and side-scroller shooters?

i don't think they are "capable" because there few graphist or programmer in SNK
but they could licenced the game by an other society

SNKP could easily farm it out to either Tose or Vanillaware.