Is this a good deal?

Crazy Climber

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hi everyone,
I just bought my first NEO GEO MVS Arcade system for my gameroom. I look forward to being a part of the community. I don't know a lot about the value of the systems games though and I was wondering if anyone could help me out on this. The games on Ebay and it's called Super Dodge Ball. It looks pretty cool. Can anyone tell me if this is a good price? Any help would be really cool man, Thanks
http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-DODGE-BAL...ryZ13716QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Crazy Climber

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
WOW, I really feel like a noob. I didn't know the MVS had bootlegs. Are they just total crap or are they still good just to play. I've heard this SDB is an expensive title, it would be a shame to never play it. Just curios, looks like a fun game. Kind of reminds me of the NES one but much cooler. Thanks

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Crazy Climber said:
WOW, I really feel like a noob. I didn't know the MVS had bootlegs. Are they just total crap or are they still good just to play. I've heard this SDB is an expensive title, it would be a shame to never play it. Just curios, looks like a fun game. Kind of reminds me of the NES one but much cooler. Thanks

MVS has tons and I mean tons of bootlegs. How much are you looking to spend? $100.00 is not much for this game. I had it at one point but sold it long ago.

Boooots are Evil!!! Once they fry...they fry!

HBCoffin

NEST Puppet
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I've played this game, and personally, I didn't like it that much. It was ok. The Neo price guide claims it to be $100 loose, but I wouldn't spend that much on the cart for anything other than collecting purposes. What games have you played for MVS? Did your cab come empty or did it come with a cart?

As far as highly priced carts, not all carts that are priced extremely high are considered to be the msot favored games. Some, like Bang Bead, are just highly priced due to the rarity of the cart. Some people probably would consider the game shit compared to others such as the Metal Slug series or the King of Fighters series. I actually liked Bang Bead, but last time I saw it on ebay I couldn't bring myself to exceed my final bid of $150. Unless I had money blowing out of my ass, I couldn't spend that much over just one cart, unless it was something I really wanted to get my hands on. (My wallets had it once I try getting my hands on Fist of the North Star on the Atomiswave)

You can find plenty of fun, affordable carts on ebay and here on the forum. What are you into as far as MVS games?

Last edited:

Crazy Climber

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
HBCoffin said:
What games have you played for MVS? Did your cab come empty or did it come with a cart?

You can find plenty of fun, affordable carts on ebay and here on the forum. What are you into as far as MVS games?
I have played mostly the KOF series, Metal Slug series and SS series. I remember playing Super Spy back in High School and loving it but it seems to have aged poorly for me, I have it in my cab and it's probably the least favorite of the 4 included. I'm not really in it for collecting, I currently collect 2600 games so I know what you mean about the real rare ones....they are usually rare for a reason (nobody wanted them when they came out) Owning a Neo cab was always something I've wanted but I never saw one for sale in my area. The games I have included in mine are...
- Baseball Stars pro
- Samurai Showdown 2
- Art of Fighting 2
- The Super Spy
Nothing special but still fun games

Some games I think I would like are
- Super Dodge Ball
- Street Hoop
- League Bowling
- Stakes Winner
- Baseball Stars 2 (I heard it's better than pro?)
- SVC CHAOS (I like this one, played it on XBOX)
- Blues Journey
- NAM 1975
I have a lot of partys at my house so I like good vs. or Multi player games
I'm also a huge slug fan so I heard "Shock Troopers" is good?
Any advice on fun 2 player games would be cool, I already own a few vs. fighting cabs like MK and SF 2 so some fun sports games would be nice.
Let me know what you think - Thanks a lot man

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Crazy Climber said:
I just bought my first NEO GEO MVS Arcade system for my gameroom. I look forward to being a part of the community.

A good start would be to post this in another forum...

Just about any forum other than This one or handhelds would be acceptable.

HBCoffin

NEST Puppet
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
No problem man, I still consider myself a newbie, well at least to electronics and other arcade boards, but I've made myself knowledgable of a lot of SNK hardware over the past couple of months. I just got into collecting Neo stuff not too long ago, and then decided I wasn't really collecting strictly Neo-Geo stuff, but started to get into collecting arcade stuff in general. (different boards and games that appealed to me)

Let's see...

As far as the Metal Slug series, I think 3 seems to be the most favored of all the slugs. 2/X and 1 are also awesome. These can all be pretty pricy if you're looking for the kit, but you can get pretty lucky getting them under $50 on ebay as loose carts. If you really don't care about the outer condition of the cart and just care about gameplay, you can get carts like MS2 for like $20 if you're lucky.

KOF, all opinion. The opinion for favored KOF games seems to vary a little more. I personally like 2001 the most so far (the game that came in my single slot cabinet). Never played it before that and started liking it a lot. When I used to play the older KOF games back in the day, they used to be really hard for me for some reason, mostly because I was probably ignorant to move lists and played mostly on SNES (or maybe it was fatal fury). The more recent games seem to have smoother gameplay.

OK, I was a GameTap member for a month or so and I played Shock Troopers and thought it was pretty rad. When they added in Shock Troopers 2nd Squad, I knew I had just come across another Neo favorite. Picture Metal Slug meets old fashion GTA. Very fun stuff!

Other games I like that you might want to look into:

(Note: I've gotten to test msot of these games thanks to MAME, I'll admit it haha. It's the only way to really test things out before I blow money on some cart I won't use.)

(*) = Neo Favorite

Sports Games
- 2020 Super Baseball (I liked this a little more than Baseball Stars series.)
* Neo Turfmasters (Another Neo favorite!)
- Super Sidekicks (I really dig the first one, others have slightly different gameplay.)
- Ultimate 11
- Windjammers

Puzzle Games -
* Puzzle Bobble/Bust-A-Move (I dig all of these! Love the entire series.)
* Twinkle Star Sprites (Don't know if this would be considered puzzle, but very fun!)
- Ghostlop (A game I haven't played but have been wanting too, heard good things.)
- Magical Drop (These games are pretty fun, can be very competitive, all about speed!)

Fighting Games -
- KOF 2000
* KOF 2001
- Last Blade 2 (I like 2 a little more than one, both very cool games though!)
- Matrimelee (Fun game with unique characters - Awesome graphics!)
- Rage of the Dragons (Awesome tag team fighter.)
* Samurai Showdown V (My favorite one of the series - Large choice of characters.)
- Waku Waku 7
- Real Bout Fatal Fury (All Fatal Fury/Real Bout games are pretty rad.)
* Garou/Mark of the Wolves (Neo favorite - My favorite Neo fighter.)
- Kabuki Klash
- SvC Chaos - SNK Vs. Capcom

Aero/Shooter Games -
(Don't know the real genre classification.)
- Aero Fighters/Sonic Wings (I used to LOVE these games, very fun! - Any of the series.)
- Blazing Star (Neat graphics!)
- Captain Tomaday (More child based, still fun!)
- Ghost Pilots
- Last Resort
- Prehistoric Isle 2
- Pulstar (My girlfriend and I played this one for quite a while.)
* Strikers 1945 Plus (Neo favorite - Probably my favorite of this genre.)
* Viewpoint (I take it back, this could be my favorite as well, hard to choose!)

Shoot'em Up Games -
* Metal Slug (Legendary, my favorite series.)
* Shock Troopers 2nd Squad (Awesome game!)
- Shock Troopers
- Cyber Lip (A Slow paced Metal Slug.)
- Top Hunter (I consider this to be Metal Slug meets Fatal Fury - BG/FG hopping.)
- NAM-1975 (I thought this was a pretty classic style shooter.)

Other Games -
* Nightmare in the Dark (Cutsy fartsy, kind of like Bubble Bobble, but a very fun game!)
* Crossed Swords (Old school RPG like game for arcade, I personally liked it.)

Expensive Games -
* Bang Bead (Even though it's highly over priced, it's probably one of my favorite games that I might never own.)

Oh yeah, these are all games my girlfriend and I would play together and enjoyed thoroughly, so I would consider any of these games fun 2 player games. Any other questions just ask. :D

Last edited: