It sucks to be a DISH Network subscriber.

Super Porky

Camel Slug
Dish has released this statement on their website.

"DISH Network sincerely regrets that all MTV, BET, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon and VH1 programming is currently unavailable. Viacom owned CBS stations are also unavailable at this time.

These channels and CBS stations, owned by Viacom, have proposed excessive rate increases which we feel are unreasonable. Viacom is demanding rate increases nearly 4 times the rate of inflation for various cable channels, amounting to hundreds of millions of dollars in fees that would increase the cost of our services to you."

Glad I have cable.:smirk:

KOF_FANATIK

Astra Superstar
My brother just called me a hour ago and told me .

MTV kicks ass :)

but that just sucks

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Yes, I have seen this. I don't understand how they can get rid of major channels like VH1, MTV, Comedy Central, etc... I’m glad I don’t have Dish!

Freakit

Host for Orochi
the only thing i'd miss is Comedy Central.

i hate all the music video channels in this country. can't stand any of the mainstream american crap they play. :very_ang:

Viacom channels are complete shit anyway. MTV is way past its prime, as is Comedy Central. The company is doing the world a favor by removing its crappy programming from millions of tv sets.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
TV sucks, imho...even more if you have to pay for it.

This is how it should be : Don't pay for TV, you get ad's & commercials. Pay for TV, no ad's or commercials.

And even then, I probably wouldn't pay for it.

Bleh...you guys aren't missing anything. Except maybe comedy central, but ever since they swapped M.A.D. TV in place of SNL, I haven't really watched it at all. Thats like the equivalant of me selling my NEO and having to settle with playing my Sega Master System...I mean, its good and all, but get serious, it doesn't even compare to the best.

Your brains are much better enriched without the garbage MTV puts in your head. Come here to get your garbage:cool:

Last edited:

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Just go steal Directv like OJ and you'll get all of the channels :)

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
twalden said:
Just go steal Directv like OJ and you'll get all of the channels :)

I've been toying with the idea of getting some of those boot-leg satellite activation cards, but I don't think its worth having to buy the dish and receivers.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
MTV and VH1...they're still on?

Seriously though, Man, I'd be pissed if they cancelled comedy central, since thats one of the 4 basic cable channels I actually watch. Thank God for digital cable.

Matt

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Hentai Sama said:
I've been toying with the idea of getting some of those boot-leg satellite activation cards, but I don't think its worth having to buy the dish and receivers.

and you'll get caught too, they can ping your receiver and find out you're running bootlegged shit, digital cable is the same. pirating any cable with a digital signal is dumb, this ain't 1990 anymore.

gunrock46

Dodgeball Yakuza
Just dump cable all together. TV is way overrated and I can promise all of you TV watchers there's better things to do than watch TV. I dumped cable over a year ago and couldn't be happier now. I probably watch about 1 hour a week through antenna which is free.

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
DashK said:
and you'll get caught too, they can ping your receiver and find out you're running bootlegged shit, digital cable is the same. pirating any cable with a digital signal is dumb, this ain't 1990 anymore.

I'm not doubting your "expertise", but how do they have any idea where you are after they ping your satellite receiver?

Matt

kc

Belnar Institute Student
MTV is dead yay party at my house,

Slam dancing all nighter

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Yep, definitely sucks to be a DISH Network subscriber. I'm glad I get Directv instead. :p

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Lets Gekiga In said:
Yep, definitely sucks to be a DISH Network subscriber. I'm glad I get Directv instead. :p

Yeah shoot, who has Dish anyway? I love my DTV!