Item delivered, but, not received, would you wait 2 days to act?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I ordered a statchoo (I want to be like HDRchampion) from a 3rd party seller on Walmart.com, and I got an email that it had been delivered today, but, there was nothing on my front porch or anywhere else around the house/yard. I checked the tracking, and it said it was left by my mailbox at 1:49 PM. I've never had mail stolen, but, there's always a first time. But...I asked someone who happened to be there around that time, and they told me that the USPS mail truck just drove right by my house and didn't even stop!

The REALLY bizarre thing is that, four days ago, the company emailed me to tell me that it was out of stock, they had to get it from a warehouse, and they didn't know when they'd be getting more, so, they were just going to refund my money instead, but, that never happened either.

I checked Walmart's site, and they advise waiting two days before doing anything, but, I'm thinking of going to the post office tomorrow and politely asking, "What the fuck?"

IMG_20210607_195126.jpg

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
always wait a day. If it doesnt show up tomorrow, then it was probably misdelivered or lost.
About 1/20 of my packages say it was delivered and it shows up the next day.

@M

20 Year Member
How can they do that though? Say something was delivered when it wasn't? Aren't there consequences for shenanigans like that, and why even do it in the first place?

@M

20 Year Member
Some 3rd party sellers are good, some are meh, and, they often carry stuff Walmart doesn't. Usually, my only complaint is that they ship things USPS as slowly as humanly possible (I already got everything that Walmart stocks from this order last week, everything that I'm still waiting on, this, and a CD, is 3rd party), instead of using speedy FedEx like Walmart, but, it's also free shipping, so, I can't bitch too much. Walmart is trying to become the next Amazon, we just have to believe in them and keep buying shit!

Anyhoo, this is what I bought, and allegedly received today, but, I didn't pay that much (this image is from a different Walmart 3rd party seller's listing):

Screenshot_20210607-230104-695.png

@M

20 Year Member
And this is Walmart's advice:Screenshot_20210607-231332-534.png

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
How can they do that though? Say something was delivered when it wasn't? Aren't there consequences for shenanigans like that, and why even do it in the first place?
my guess....is they are padding their delivery times....

@M

20 Year Member
I suspect you're right, but, that's still bullshit. Other times, they just tell me the order is delayed, which is a more sensible, and honest, thing to do.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
good fucking lord, that tiny blobby pvc piece of shit cost $150?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
M's been making it rain on the toy and DVD vendors lately.

@M

20 Year Member
I don't know what the original MSRP on that figure was, but, I highly doubt it was $150, and I certainly wouldn't pay that much. 3rd party sellers on Walmart are often delusional, just like people on Amazon and eBay. I often wonder how often those ridiculous markups actually pan out for them...it must be relatively frequently when people continue to do it?

Last edited:

@M

20 Year Member
I've gotten lots of good stuff from them at reasonable prices. There are occasionally issues, but 99% of the time, the transactions go fine with no problems, other than they tend to ship pretty slow (and even Walmart fucks up every now and then too).

(Editor's note: M's idea of what constitutes "good stuff" may not align with the tastes of sane individuals.)

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I would go ahead and contact your local post office about it. Sounds like it could have been misdelivered, and if that did happen let them know as soon as possible. The can check GPS data of the exact location of the delivery scan.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
USPS is notorious for doing that. They have a quota they are suppose to meet for the day but if they can't or don't want to they will mark it as delivered and drop it off the next day. If it doesn't show up after a few days, just assume it was misdelivered or stolen.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Time to buy a passport and do something worthwhile. Jordan is open up for tourism, go there, have a fun time in the desert and Petra, and report back. It will bring you infinitely more joy than the absolute waste of money you have been doing every day for the past few months. Spending money for the sake of it.

@M

20 Year Member
I've got around a week's worth of paid vacation saved up, but, what on earth would I do in the desert? Nothing really brings me joy anymore, Sage. I don't think a trip anywhere is going to help me. Yeah, I hear you, buying stupid shit I don't need won't do it either. I'm just spinning my wheels.

@M

20 Year Member
I'm at the post office right now. It got delivered to Oak Street, on the other side of town! 😫 They're seeing what can be done.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I've got around a week's worth of paid vacation saved up, but, what on earth would I do in the desert? Nothing really brings me joy anymore, Sage. I don't think a trip anywhere is going to help me. Yeah, I hear you, buying stupid shit I don't need won't do it either. I'm just spinning my wheels.
Get that passport and see me in China.

@M

20 Year Member
You're going to make me sleep on the kang, aren't you?

Well, I hashed it out with the post office, and there's nothing they can do, they only deliver things where they're addressed, and they told me to contact the seller, which I just did. The postmaster specifically instructed me NOT to go over to the Oak Street address and make accusations because that'd be a good way to get shot (I shit you not, he actually said that.) Michiganders are violent fooks.

@M

20 Year Member
The box has the Oak Street address on it, not mine, and the post office doesn't have a scan of the mailing label, so, they couldn't tell me if my name is even on it or not, and if it isn't, whomever received it would have no way of knowing it belongs to me (unless there's an invoice with my name on it inside of the box).

Another thing that makes me suspicious is that the post office told me that the package has $100 of insurance on it (which the vendor purchased, not me) and I only paid a small fraction of that amount for the figurine, so, the paranoid conspiracy nut in me wonders if the vendor intentionally sent it somewhere else, and didn't put any name on it, so that they can claim it as lost and collect a profit from the insurance money? I'm tempted to take a trip past that house tonight, not to confront anyone, but just to see if it's actually occupied or not and if there's a box sitting there (I wouldn't trespass and take it if there was, but, if the house were for sale/abandoned, and obviously unoccupied, I would notify the police that shenanigans are afoot.) The postmaster even told me that sometimes packages are sent where nobody lives, so, I believe he was hinting at this possibility.

The seller hasn't replied to my email yet (they have 48 hours to do so), but, at the very least, I expect they'll issue me a full refund, or Walmart will force them to, because the post office has tracking documentation that proves it was never delivered to my address.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I would pay more attention to the guy you spoke to, as it seems he was planted there by the seller.

At first he presents a blown-out reason not to try to chase the package-- you might get shot, typical shit that is told to gullible white people. Then he hints later on that, perhaps, no one lives there...?? I would say, from personal experience, that the USPS Office worker you spoke specializes in your parcel, and was planted there. The seller knew exactly where you would go, after all....... the only thing that he has to manipulate in the equation......... IS WHO !!

• Haha
Reactions: @M