I've never played E-SWAT

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I was going to comment on how the graphics have aged, and even for its time the game didn't look all that good, but shit -- stuff like that doesn't really phase me. I enjoyed its semi-hokey style, the cop's slinking, hunched design and his bulky mech suit.

i'll be the first to admit i have bad taste in many things
but what can I say, I likes what I likes :emb:

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Just got a copy in the mail and I'm finally really getting into it again. After the first two stages, this game just gets amazing. For 1990, this was a pretty awesome game - not quiet Super Shinobi awesome, but just a fantastic example of the sega arcade game.

And I think it looks just fine - there is a merciless shortage of dithering. It looks a lot like Revenge of/Super Shinobi.

I'm in love with this game - you all must play it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Played it again out of the blue not too long ago myself, it really is a great game. Like I said, this is retro Sega doing a damned fine job at putting an arcade-styled game on their baby.

A real shame no one ever seems to mention it when talking about the Genny's classics (or, hell, it'd be nice if people put it on their list of Genesis games worth playing!).

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I always really liked the box art for this game. :emb:

It's been about 8 years since I played my copy of the game. :emb::emb:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Just got a copy in the mail and I'm finally really getting into it again. After the first two stages, this game just gets amazing. For 1990, this was a pretty awesome game - not quiet Super Shinobi awesome, but just a fantastic example of the sega arcade game.

And I think it looks just fine - there is a merciless shortage of dithering. It looks a lot like Revenge of/Super Shinobi.

I'm in love with this game - you all must play it.

Agreed, just watching the Neofix guy beat it on youtube brings back vivid memories of just how much fun I had with this game as a scrappy 15-yr. old. Makes me remember how I ended up wasting so much of my life on games to begin with.

LoneSage said:
Played it again out of the blue not too long ago myself, it really is a great game. Like I said, this is retro Sega doing a damned fine job at putting an arcade-styled game on their baby.

A real shame no one ever seems to mention it when talking about the Genny's classics (or, hell, it'd be nice if people put it on their list of Genesis games worth playing!).

I always mention it - I fucking loved the game! :buttrock:

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
y'all be crazy.

the genesis one is much more fun than the arcade one.

ive got the arcade board. what an average game. one thing that i really dont like is the art direction. every level just feels so flat, theres no perspective.