Jaleco Pony table - Restoration

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Hi folks,

as some of you already know, i recently found a Pony table.

P9Q1h3rl.jpg

LMJRszpl.jpg

The table had a few problems, the major one being the dead (vertical colapse) Nanao MS7. I was lucky enough and managed to repair it yesterday :awe:

Besides that, she is completely original, it only misses the player 1 start button and coin door, but the OP says he has the door somewhere at the warehouse...

I will start to strip her soon and prepare for powdercoating, wich brings me to my first question:

- Does anyone ever seen any evidence about the original color RAL???

I've never even saw a green Pony table before besides the original brochure. Obviously i can fine tune the color for a perfect match, but the RAL would be great.

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
Very nice!

I was jealous that you had REAL Pony after my joke posting over at AO. Congrats.

If you ever wanna sell it.......:rolleyes: :keke:

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I just mentioned at AO that someone bought a magazine that i've never heard of before. Does it have any additional info about these you can share?

Or is everything in Japanese?

If you could be kind enough to scan that, it would be great :drool:

I really don't consider selling,lol, sorry.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Awesome. I love these early Pony designs (Mk II and Mk III). Good luck with the restore.:)

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Oh man, it's green like the envy it makes me feel! :lolz:

That's sick though, amazing find!

Last edited:

Halfabag

B. Jenet's Firstmate
_rm_, RAL colours are a German Standard set of colours that are mainly used in different industries, pretty much like our British Standard colours here in the uk.

I'd be surprised if that's the original colour considering its a Japanese made product, but I know nothing about them TBH.

Head down to your local car/industrial paint supplier and borrow a RAL colour chart off them.

The greens are in the number 6 range, it will be something like 6018 or 6029. Hope this helps.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Head down to your local car/industrial paint supplier and borrow a RAL colour chart off them.

The greens are in the number 6 range, it will be something like 6018 or 6029. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your input mate. My father works on the car industry so i have access to that kind of stuff, just wanted to know if the color code was known to make an exact match.

Assuming that i will never find the original color code, i can definitely fine tune a color that will be virtual impossible to tell the difference from the original :)

Last edited:

arcade game

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Yay!!!!!!!!!
Congrats ,you're so lucky to find that jaleco pony table
In super great condition!:drool::drool::drool:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Awesome! Can't wait to see some progress pics.

ECZangief

The Real Al Bundy
I just mentioned at AO that someone bought a magazine that i've never heard of before. Does it have any additional info about these you can share?

Or is everything in Japanese?

If you could be kind enough to scan that, it would be great :drool:

I really don't consider selling,lol, sorry.

Unfortunately it is mostly in Japanese. I don't have my scanner hooked up atm but I can take some quick and dirty pictures for you. I will post them here, and if you can point me to the relevant thread on AO.... I can pop them over there too.

EDIT:

Here is the Jaleco Vitamin 'zine:
(spoilers for big pics)
Spoiler:
16595166639_a2c56a56f2_k.jpg

Spoiler:
16593732968_06d35f6064_k.jpg

Spoiler:
16161391653_faa4520286_k.jpg

Spoiler:
16161387373_a05562da42_k.jpg

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I've recently fallen in love with table tops, this one looks awesome! Can't wait to see your progress man.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
If everything goes according to plan, i will start to take it apart this weekend, i will share a couple more pictures of the interior and control panel, which is in a very decent shape.

It even has the original "wood plaque" that is used to hold the PCB's in place with a cool japanese sticker, someone will have to translate that :D

EDIT - Oh, it also has the original stickers for the headphone jacks, will have to scan those.

Last edited:

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I got around 10 minutes of work time with the cab so i started to take some parts off.

This is the plaque that i mentioned before, does anyone knows what the sticker says?:

sXMkRn6l.jpg

I took the monitor out:

LjGfGNVl.jpg

and the control panel too:

IxDZAHgl.jpg

This one was a great surprise. You only need to unscrew two bolts by hand and you take the CP out, it literally takes less than 30 seconds to do this. Awesome compared to Sega CP's.

Does anyone know the reference of the Start Button? Is is still possible to find the same buttons?

Thank you all for your interest and comments/help with this project.

PS- Sorry for the lousy phone pics

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Awesome bro keep truckin'.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Great pick-up! I'm definitely going to watch your progress. :snack: :drool_2:

1up

Galford's Armourer
Awesome that such a rare cab went into an arcade collector who will give a proper restoration job and will get some play.
i'm glad that this did not went into the hands of a greedy reseller...

keep up the good work _rm_

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
i'm glad that this did not went into the hands of a greedy reseller...

Yeah, It went into the hands of a greedy collector :tickled:
AHAHAHA !

Keep up the good work ;)

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
How did you end up fixing the vertical collapse?

I checked all the transistors in the vertical deflection section of the chassis looking for a faulty one, but they were all good. I simply put them back and the image came back to life.

Sometimes vertical colapse problems are simple cold joints that need a good reflow. I was lucky because this was one of those situations.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Once again, thank you all for the motivation posts.

Yesterday i finished stripping the entire cab, i have a few new lousy pics to post,lol.

I hope i can connect all the wires back in the correct way...