JAMMA Harness: AES to Cabinet

LIVINGWONDER

Cheng's Errand Boy
Is anyone here capable of creating one of these, or has done it? I have always thought of having something like this done. I have quite an AES collection and only a few MVS games but I have a few cabs that I was wondering that I could hook up my AES. I'm sure someone here has already done it.

Logicdustbin

Sieger's Squire
Is anyone here capable of creating one of these, or has done it? I have always thought of having something like this done. I have quite an AES collection and only a few MVS games but I have a few cabs that I was wondering that I could hook up my AES. I'm sure someone here has already done it.

I believe this was done years ago, back when the AES games were cheaper then MVS.

Logicdustbin

Sieger's Squire
converting a AES would be much easier then the Genesis I did, as you would not need to hack any controllers.

I guess you would just need some controller extension cables and an AV cable to hack the ends on an solder to a JAMMA edge connector.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
converting a AES would be much easier then the Genesis I did, as you would not need to hack any controllers.

I guess you would just need some controller extension cables and an AV cable to hack the ends on an solder to a JAMMA edge connector.

You can do everything internally. You don't need controller extensions unless you want to do it that way. Depending on the AES revision you might need to do a bypass mod on the RGB lines to maximize picture quality.

Logicdustbin

Sieger's Squire
You can do everything internally. You don't need controller extensions unless you want to do it that way. Depending on the AES revision you might need to do a bypass mod on the RGB lines to maximize picture quality.

I just assumed that no one actually wanted to 'ruin' an AES that way;)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You have no idea...lol I've seen some horrid things.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I used to have a home system that looked like somebody took a blowtorch to...

Anyways, All of these should be tapped internally, from the resistor array.