Jammaboards.com- taking their sweet time

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
I ordered a jamma to mvs converter from jammaboards.com based on a post a put up in the tech forum here. I paid for it last Monday and I haven't heard a peep from them. I have emailed twice now and no response. To anyone experienced in using them, are they always this terrible with communication and shipping speed?

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
Jesus that thread is full of heat. I should have researched it a bit better because on many other forums, people complain quite a bit about his practices. Well I'm just gonna annoy the shit out of him with emails he won't look at. I have a stack of boards that are just teasing the shit out of me. I'm very bad at waiting.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Well, it's not like he's a scammer or anything. You'll get the converter and everything will be fine. I think he's just a lazy bastard. I actually just ordered an MVS converted from there a couple of months ago and it took forever too. It was shipped one full week after I sent the payment. It's absolutely ridiculous but you just have to expect that when buy from there.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Yeah, my converter to play mvs 4 slot boards on jamma cab also took quite a while... it´s basically, a couple weeks after my order when I was starting to expect that I should get it any day now... thats when I got confirmation that the item had been shipped. It all worked out nicely in the end though :)

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
Well I know to expect that now. Unfortunately for jammaboards.com, I don't think I should settle for that kind of service so I will not be ordering from him again. He easily could have just sent me a one sentence reply saying "it ships on this date" or a line of bullshit telling me he was busy putting out a fire or something. It's the combo of laziness here that I don't appreciate- lack of comm and shipping speed.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
It's hard to know what to think. When I ordered a converter from him earlier in the year, I heard nothing on it for three weeks. I'm very patient, and I wasn't in a horrible rush to have it, but still. I finally reached out to him and he apologized, said he was waiting for some parts, and then shipped the converter out literally the next day. So, chances are he just forgot about my order, or misplaced it. He definitely seems to have a problem with his organizational skills, and his communication is shit. That being said, once the converter arrived, it was excellent and did everything I could hope for. The guy definitely isn't professional, but he's not a scam artist. He'll get you your converter, just don't expect fast results. Sad, really, because like you said... a little communication and some expectation of when you'll receive your goods goes a long way. If, on ordering, I got an email that said he would have to build my converter, and it could take three to four weeks for delivery, I wouldn't have really cared. Then again, since I think he just misplaced my order, he probably still would have needed prodding to actually send it out to me.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
My thoughts are that he doesn't have anything on hand, all of his items are on a per order basis. I don't believe he is ever swamped with orders. Everytime I order from him it takes up to two weeks before delivery. I am trying to build a PGM cable for a friend on here and for a month I didn't hear anything about my order. I cancelled the order and got the parts from china. I'm still waiting for that stuff but at least they shipped out 3 days later.

gabe

Quiz Detective
I've had the same experience ordering from JammaBoards.com... I always get my stuff, it's just slow to ship. I continue to order from him, because I'm unaware of a better option. Anyone have any suggestions other than China?

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
My thoughts are that he doesn't have anything on hand, all of his items are on a per order basis.

I've had a couple orders from him ship next day. I'm not sure what to think.

Generally he's very slow. It always makes me think twice before ordering from him. But sometimes he's the only one with the goods.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I've had the same experience ordering from JammaBoards.com... I always get my stuff, it's just slow to ship. I continue to order from him, because I'm unaware of a better option. Anyone have any suggestions other than China?

Start asking CDAMM to start sourcing stuff for you, I did, as did several others. The guy works his ass off, is trying to establish a boutique business for this stuff and is damn honest.

As soon as this idiot at Jammaboards gets some real competition, he'll turn it around or go out of business. Either way, you win. Think about it, you're paying this guy a considerable markup for him to take his sweet time and fuck your orders up because "he's the only option".

Create a new option.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I ordered some CPS2 harness couple years ago. It took forever & then i emailed him what's taking so long. Turns out it was out of stocked. I told him to cancel my order as i needed them for a tournament. He apologize & couple weeks later he sent me the CPS2 Harness x2 free of charge. Wasn't expecting that at all.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I'm always happy with my orders from jammaboards in the long run, but yeah he takes forever to get stuff shipped out. Usually by the time it arrives, I forgot I even ordered it.

Jasen Hicks

Hardened Shock Trooper

www.therealbobroberts.com

He will usually cross ship and he ships next day priority mail as the standard. His stuff is the BEST i have found. It's what I use in all of my cabs and my SuperGun builds.

THE1337ROB

New Challenger
It's .net for Bob, not .com

http://www.therealbobroberts.net/

Fucking vultures at domainlandrush trying to shlep the realbobroberts.com

They even have a pic of a kid playing a game. Obviously and intentionally playing on Bob's business. Assholes.