JAP aes machine

Keep Clear

The Ultimate 11
Do all games (euro etc) appear JAP on a JAP console?

How much would modding be

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yes. All versions are present on most carts regardless of region. The bios of the system that the game's in determines what version you see.

Correct me if I'm wrong, its been a while.

Lovergoat

, KING of GOATs, Greatest of all time...
That is the case. AES bios like MVS bios switches between languages on most carts. Now before revised bios chips where available, people used to switch resistors on the AES main board to change the machines language. They are all clearly marked Japan, USA etc.

Can anybody find instructions for this mod? If that is your only reason to upgrade your bios you may as well do that.

j_heiger

Crossed Swords Squire
The Neo Store still sells the old Debug Bios which will do the trick .... it has step by step instructions if you are into that sort of thing. Otherwise the Universe Biosis the way to go. Lots of guys on the forums know how to do that sort of thing. A new Uni Bios is maybe $40 or so. Then you gotta send it to someone. Then its however much they charge for the work. Maybe it would cost $100 all told. But the benefit of a Uni-Bios goes way beyond just language select. I cant recomend it enough.