Jeff, a question

Mike

Bead Banger
Can you mod regular arcade pcb's? I have a MAS system that is only two player but I have some games that are 4 player games and I can only control the first two characters. Maybe a ROM change can do something about it? Let me know

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I know this is a question for Jeff but I used to own WRESTLEFEST and that PCB had the extra joy port connections built on-board in the form of a molex connecters.
-BB

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Basically, all you would need to do is wire up a couple more joy ports for the 3rd and 4th players. The idea behind a SuperNova (Super Gun, or whatever they are called), is simply a box to hook up everything to a JAMMA connector. So, your game with 4 player controls will have all the necessay connections, you would just need to wire them up.

Jeff

Mike

Bead Banger
I have no idea how to do any of that, but it sounds like you do. Is there anyway I could send you the nova and have the wiring done?

Please email me
Miguel_ut@hotmail.com

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
If your talking about making modifications to the Super Gun.The thing that would need to be done is drilling the openings in the casing for two more 15 pin ports.Then you wire the necessary pinouts of those 15 pin connecters...after you have done so...now you have to determine what type of connecter you can use that's coing to be compatible for every 4 player board you use (ie Wrestlefest,NBA JAM,?) It's most likely that each board you use will have a different molex male connection on the PCB for the extra joysticks so what I would do is make an individual connection for each wire with a single female molex and rubber band them accordingly...like seperate the the BUTTONS to their own rubber band,seperate the directions to their own rubber band and seperate the select and start buttons to their own rubber band.Use a Black Wire for your ground..
Doing it this way would allow you to adjust from an 8 pin connection to a 10 pin connection,etc...
Any other ideas??
-BB

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">It's most likely that each board you use will have a different male pin connection on the PCB for the extra joysticks so what I would do is make an individual connection for each wire with a single female molex and use a rubber band to group them accordingly...like seperate the PUNCH-KICK BUTTONS to their own group,seperate the joystick positions to their own group and seperate the select and start buttons to their own group.Use a Black Wire for your ground..
Doing it this way would allow you to adjust from an 8 pin connection to a 10 pin connection,etc...
Any other ideas??

The only thing I could find today that would represent a 'single pin connection' would be these 23-26 gauge Telephone BUTT connecters.You just stick the wire in one end,clamping it into place and plug the other end right on to each pin of the video game board(Wrestlefest,NBA JAM) joystick connecter.

I may not have been clear(I'm sure I was'nt)
before.
-BB