JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Anime Thread

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Mudasubs. They seem to be the most accurate, and they don't subtitle "Roundabout" at the end of the show.

Nutbladder is pretty good, too. They can tend to have some misspelled words, but it's nothing major. I think they might have subtitled 'Roundabout' at first, but they stopped doing it. I'll have to check out Muda, since Nutbladder's file sizes have been getting rather big.

Also, holy fuck, Pillar Men are scary to see in action.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
BUMP (again)

A new Artbook Collection has been announced for this fall.

U7w3kdc.jpg

The "Jojoveller" box set will include an artbook, two supplementary books, and two Blu-ray Discs.
The supplementary books include an encyclopedia on all the Stands featured in the franchise, and a "History Book" that will also feature a previously-untold story.

Link with more info & videos: HERE

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
If it's japanese exclusive (can't see the link above right now) a shitlot mostly because of the BDs.

Kazuki Dash

The collection, which is being released as a part of the 25th anniversary celebrations for the manga, will be made to order, and pre-orders will be open through May 7. The collection will cost 20,000 yen (about US$211). Another collection, without the Blu-ray Discs, will ship in spring 2014 for 8,500 yen (about US$90).

That leaves shipping as the big question.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Am I missing something? The first run of the series has been over for a month. Why can't I find any episodes after 21? Where are 22-26?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
nyaatorrents most likely. The tumblr page from muda has them too.

Kazuki Dash

The latest promo video for All-Star Battle was broadcast along with the public's response:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I started reading JJBA about a week ago, I'm around chapter 94 now (Caesar just died; wtf man aughhh jojo didn't even get to say goodbye god)

Phantom Blood was pretty amateur (aside from the kickass art). I liked it more when it was just Dio being a dick to Jonathan; when it went into the supernatural genre, that's when things kinda seemed messy. There even seemed to be a deus ex machina somewhere, I think it was when Dio used eye lasers for no reason other than the author deciding why not.

Battle Tendency is all kinds of great, though. A globetrotting adventure, the archetypal cool anti-hero, villains with honor - I'd love to see the fights animated.

The art style between this and FOTNS looks so similar...are there any others that look similar?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Part III (Stardust Cursaders, has an official english version by Viz) involves even more globetrotting...it's the most popular part too. I prefer Part 2's narrative but Part 3 has the better characters.

The artstyle changes alot mid Part IV (Diamond is unbreakable) when Araki decided to go full fabulous, the similarity in art between HnK and JJBA is most obvious during Phantom Blood, JJBA started back when HnK was still running. The series is also known for all kinds of amazing deus ex machina/asspulls but that's probably one of the reasons why it's so popular.

Last edited: