Joystick removal...

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
Hey how do you remove the joystick from the cabinet. Don't say unscrew it. I mean out of the box? I will post some pictures so you have an idea of what I am trying to do....

------------------
25713188.gif

The fire burns in my soul.

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
NeoGML? Huh? You're such a kidder...
biggrin.gif

Here is the pics...what I want to do is add the black disc to the joystick like the one in the first pic....what do I do....
here is what I want it to look like...
28220199.jpg

This is what I have....
28220198.jpg

28220200.jpg

Can I remove it here?
28220201.jpg

Thanks for any of your help....except you NeoGML .....you're such a joker....hahaha :P

[This message has been edited by djbomberman (edited February 16, 2001).]

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
You have to unscrew the stick.. exactly like you said you did not want to do, there is no other way. Just loosen the 4 bolts on the bottom and the stick will come free from the control panel, once it is out you will see how to free the top portion from the base, you can then put on the ring... Or if you really do not want to do that... well you could always cut the ring and the super glue it back together, but I don't think that is the best way ^_^

-Nick

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
Oh Nick....I said don't say unscrew it because I didn't want any smartass comments...but alas...NEOGML gave me one any ways.....
biggrin.gif

------------------
25713188.gif

B

Bobak!

Okay,

WHile we're on the subject of screwing joysticks (sorry), how in god's green earth to you remove the rotating joysticks from a game like Time Soldiers? I've been working on taking in apart forever and I can't get the damn things to come off (I want to remove a really ugly piece of protective plastic from the control area).

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
dude, i'm telling you. Yell at the ring at the top of your lungs for like, 25min. after that, the ring will be very pliable from all the heat and moisture that came from your mouth. stretch the ring out to fit the stick, slap it on, and then put an ice pack on the ring. it will shrink down to size.

Also, you might want to see if you can pry off the top wider portion of the stick, so that you could possibly slide it on. I think that the previous procedure will work better though
biggrin.gif

Look at the bottom of the joy stick. It should have a little e-clip around the shaft of the stick. The stick in and remove the clip. Slide out the stick and put the ring around it. Then put it back together.

Look at the bottom of the joy stick. It should have a little e-clip around the shaft of the stick. The stick in and remove the clip. Slide out the stick and put the ring around it. Then put it back together.

NeoGML

Fighting Artist
see? nruva says to yell at it too. he's a smart guy. you should listen to him.

B

Bobak!

Originally posted by NeoGML:
see? nruva says to yell at it too. he's a smart guy. you should listen to him.

Yeah, well I met him in person and that gave me a totally new view on that
rolleyes.gif

(KIDDING FOR CHRISSAKES!).

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
Originally posted by Joe McCabe:

Yep that's what it was. I was thinking that too, but the damn thing was pretty hard to get off. I did it though and the whole shaft....hehehehe... he said shaft....slid out and I was able to put the coaster on it. Thanks Joe.

------------------
25713188.gif