Joysticks not properly detecting Up and Down

Edmond Dantes

Rugal's Thug
So I've been playing my Neo ever since I got it, but one fact has reared its ugly head. For some reason, my joysticks (both original Neo sticks) don't like Up and Down very much.

Only game I have is Blue's Journey so I used that to test.

At first I thought it was the extension cords (seller included two), but I tested both sticks without them, although using one does seem to make symptoms worse.

What happens:

-Blue sometimes doesn't want to duck.
-I sometimes have to hit Up several times to enter a house or store.
-In the store, I have a hard time moving the cursor around because it doesn't want to go Up.

There was precisely one time I was able to play without these problems, and that was following a period where I had opened the sticks up and cleaned as much as I could with rubbing alcohol (at the time, both were plugged in using extension cords).

So, that's the facts.

What do you guys think the problem is? Wires? Or do the sticks just need more cleaning?

If its Wires, how would I fix it?

If its the latter, what's the best way to thoroughly clean a Neo stick?

Thanks in advance.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Have you opened it up to check the micro-switches? They could be messed up or their connections to the wires could have come loose. Both of these can be easily repaired, just put in new switches if that is the case.

Edmond Dantes

Rugal's Thug
I took it apart (after posting the OP) and cleaned the microswitches, using a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol. It seems to have fixed the issue.

I have however noticed that one of my extension cords seems to be bad (whatever controller is plugged into that one suddenly exhibits issues, but when plugged directly into the system they're fine). I'm not sure what I can do about that.

If the problems persist I suppose I could always buy a replacement Seimitsu stick, or do the Sanwa mod I've seen mentioned here.