JUne arrival date for classic volumes now!!!!

Eze

n00b
Lol! I've literally heard this exact phrase uttered by just about every Tommo customer. Considering you'll be able to find them at the bottom of your local dollar store's bargain bin within the next couple of weeks, I would have to agree with you.

That's cool man...

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
You're making it sound like the NGX is the absolute bane of your existence. Not sure if I should be happy that you live such a glorious life, or feel sorry for you.

Jealously costs less than the NGX.

Enjoy your stay.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Nothing more to say? Posting gifs already? Weak man, even for a ngx noob. :oh_no:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
No, I think defending that piece of shit you bought is making you look worse. You could achieve the same or a better neo geo experience on a hacked PSP but I doubt you would be able to figure out how to "hack" a PSP. You wouldn't even have to feel bad about giving a shit company of amateurs like tommo your money.

Every generation gets the neo geo it deserves :lolz:

Eze

n00b
No, I think defending that piece of shit you bought is making you look worse. You could achieve the same or a better neo geo experience on a hacked PSP but I doubt you would be able to figure out how to "hack" a PSP. You wouldn't even have to feel bad about giving a shit company of amateurs like tommo your money.

Every generation gets the neo geo it deserves :lolz:

Refer to gif I posted 2 replies ago.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
To all the Tommo fanboys/ x-noobs, can any of you really dispute what's shown in this video? Look how inferior the video quality and sound is compared to literally everything else. Just give in to your buyers remorse and stop defending what you know in your heart is a pile of junk. It really has nothing going for it and I actually feel sorry that you guys are forcing yourselves to play these games like this.

(skip to 5:30)

Eze

n00b
To all the Tommo fanboys/ x-noobs, can any of you really dispute what's shown in this video? Look how inferior the video quality and sound is compared to literally everything else. Just give in to your buyers remorse and stop defending what you know in your heart is a pile of junk. It really has nothing going for it and I actually feel sorry that you guys are forcing yourselves to play these games like this.

(skip to 5:30)

I feel more sorry for you putting so much effort into shaping other people's opinions. Especially by going into a sub-forum based around a product you don't like, to try to convince other people to not like a product you don't like. You're like a Jehovas Witness.

pipes

I feel more sorry for you putting so much effort into shaping other people's opinions. Especially by going into a sub-forum based around a product you don't like, to try to convince other people to not like a product you don't like. You're like a Jehovas Witness.

It's no effort at all really. If I know that one of my posts kept someone from making the same mistake you did then it's all worth it.

So, what's your defence after seeing that video? I'd love to hear this.

SSS

neo retired
It's no effort at all really. If I know that one of my posts kept someone from making the same mistake you did then it's all worth it.

The screen tearing is due to the Neo X's raw horsepower and is a result of the human eye not being able to keep up.

The "shitty" sound is actually so high quality the majority of it is being rendered in frequencies outside the hearing threshold of people. Dogs love it.

The washed out LCD is due to the infrared and ultraviolet display specs. Again not made for humans of this time.

The neo x was developed for thousands of years evolution later.

How u not no dis?

Eze

n00b

You must not have good reading comprehension skills, as I stated I know its flaws, they just don't bother me enough to say it's a bad product. The games work, and they play fine. It's not a mistake if I enjoy the product I purchased. I'd probably enjoy an AES as well, but am I going to spend over $2000 for such minor differences? That's not worth it to me. I'm not saying it shouldn't be worth it to anyone, it's just not worth it to me.

Last edited:

pipes

You must not have good reading comprehension skills, as I stated I know its flaws, they just don't bother me enough to say it's a bad product. The games work, and they play fine. It's not a mistake if I enjoy the product I purchased. I'd probably enjoy an AES as well, but am I going to spend over $2000 for such minor differences? That's not worth it to me. I'm not saying it shouldn't be worth it to anyone, it's just not worth it to me.

I'm not saying you should spend $2000 because playing on real hardware obviously is not something you're too concerned with. However, since you seem to enjoy emulations, why do you overlook all of the much higher quality options out there? Don't tell me it's because you're supporting SNK because we all know that's bullshit.

Eze

n00b
I'm not saying you should spend $2000 because playing on real hardware obviously is not something you're too concerned with. However, since you seem to enjoy emulations, why do you overlook all of the much higher quality options out there? Don't tell me it's because you're supporting SNK because we all know that's bullshit.

I haven't overlooked those options, I do use MAME and NeoRage, but I like being able to have a little docking station and being able to play it on my TV without the resolution not adjusting correctly as it does when I hook my PC up to it. I like the controller it comes with as well because it does feel as though I'm playing the Neo Geo, not to mention I now have a little portable Neo Geo handheld. Now just because it has flaws and because you and 90% of everyone else on this forum don't like it, doesn't mean I'm not allowed to see its worth. Like I stated before I could buy a Neo Geo and have these issues fixed but I'm not spending that much money when I have something that works perfectly fine.

I'm not angry or overlooking any of your reasons for why you think it isn't a worthy product, I just simply don't share the same opinion because I like the product. I'm enjoying myself playing some classic games at home, or on the go.

With that said, I do feel there are things that could be added to make it a better playing experience, but those things not being included by default aren't enough to cripple the product for me. If they're added, great, if not, I'll still play it and enjoy it like I do already.

Last edited:

Crazy Climber

New Challenger
I'm not too hard on NGX ass rape victims as I am one myself.
I find the 5 stages of grief helpful and look to them when I am compulsively showering, rocking back and forward, and stroking my teddy bear asking what happened...
Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance (I'm ready for whatever comes)
I'm in between the Bargaining/depression stage myself.
Most will probably hit acceptance around June
(cunningly planned by tommo so we will purchase the games released)

Eze

n00b
I'm not too hard on NGX ass rape victims as I am one myself.
I find the 5 stages of grief helpful and look to them when I am compulsively showering, rocking back and forward, and stroking my teddy bear asking what happened...
Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance (I'm ready for whatever comes)
I'm in between the Bargaining/depression stage myself.
Most will probably hit acceptance around June
(cunningly planned by tommo so we will purchase the games released)

I'm sorry to hear that video game emulation hardware is burdening you so greatly.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
My G/f purchased the Neo Geo X gold for me last xmas, and i honestly haven't touched the thing since a few days after x-mas. I was excited for it when it was announced, and feed in to the hype. Since im new to neo geo i thought it would be a good buy. I just wish i did a bit more research. Only solos i have from this is I didn't buy it, my g/f did.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
To all the Tommo fanboys/ x-noobs, can any of you really dispute what's shown in this video?

At the risk of feeding the troll...

You're right. The Vita's OLED screen is much better than the X, and the emulator used to run it is far superior to the emulator on the X. Where the X excels is the controls, I'd rather play most Neo games using the X's dpad and larger buttons. Ironically, Magician Lord was used in the above video, and I really would prefer that one with the Vita's controls instead.

If you compare the PS3 Neo emulator to the X dock hooked up to a TV, there is absolutely no contest, the PS3 destroys it, and you can use the X's stick with the PS3 anyway. I just wish SNK would release more games for the PS3/Vita.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
The NeoGeo Station was the best way to play the games outside of real hardware (though the Wii VC is damn near as good), I wish more games had come out. The prices they are charging for them now is just to much so I'm hoping they go on sale again.