Just got an icade. What games should I get?

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
My wife bought me an icade for my birthday. So now what games should I pick up. I just bought the raiden collection for $5.

I know there are a few of you with these on the boards, so let me know your experiences.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
not sure if they're compatible(as i do not have an icade), but you can get some good cave shooters on ios. particular the bug princess, dodonpachi & espgaluda series.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
If you buy a game for the ipad on the App Store, does it automatically work on both the ipad and iphone? Or do you have to purchase two versions?

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
My favorites on the iCade:

Blazing star
R-Type II
Pix 'n Rush DX
Vectrex
Wacoon Jump!
Danmaku U2
Speedrun
League of evil series
Metal slug
Metal Slug X
Gridrunner
Storm strikers
Plasma Sky
Abyss attack
Shogun
Shmup

Huge list :

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=96023

Have fun !

Thanks for the list! Turned out to be pretty helpful. I'm really digging a bunch of the games you recomended. Especially Abyss Attack, Danmaku Unlimited 1&2, Gridrunner, and Plasma Sky. I'm going to concentrate on Vertical games mostly for now since my case sucks and to get my ipad out would probably break it. So when I get a new case, I'll get more horizontal shooters and beatem ups....Well I did buy R-type II, but it was only two bucks. I would've got Blazing Star too, but I already own it on MVS and my phone.

On a sidenote: WHY THE HELL WON'T CAVE MAKE THEIR GAMES SUPPORT ICADE??!!! I'd buy at least two of their games (probably more) if they added Icade support. I really hope they change this. Sure playing a shooter while dragging your finger isn't the worst thing ever, but it's much better to have the option for a controller. Especially with Icade and other bluetooth controllers getting more popular.