Just got my ROTD Kit!

m_bish0p

Over Top Auto Mechanic
First, if you're not buying from neo-geo.com, you should be. I bought ROTD and KOF '98 within 20 minutes of each other.I recieved a shipping number from neo-geo.com in under a day, and the package arrived today...the same day my Ebay seller notified me that they recieved payment, and would be shipping sometime soon.

(Note:I wouldn't even say this is a slow Ebay transaction)

I got the package from a box outside my appartment where they put your packages. You get a key in your mailbox, and that's how you know you've recieved one. Well, it's been raining all day, and the box was flooded. My damn package was soaked right through!

I thought I'd be crying when I opened the pakage, but it was packed in a plastic packing bag inside the box! The actual MVS Box was in perfect condition!

Of course, I slotted the game and played immediatly. When people were complaining about the speed of the game, I was all set up for something like the original Street Fighter in terms of speed.

Honestly, I was impressed. Something about the way the characters freeze when you hit them makes it feel more substantial. I didn't think the game played slow at all. It's about on par with the first Capcom vs. SNK...so, a little slower than the usual neo game, but not the grinding slow play that I'd set myself up to expect.

The graphics and sound impressed me, though I don't know who chose the music. I don't hate it, but I tuned it out immediatly. No one is going to be selling a ROTD soundtrack any time soon.

All in all the play control feels tight, and I'm having fun learning to juggle. For someone that could never master MvC, juggling just doesn't come naturally to me.But I've pulled a few off, so the learning curve isn't too bad.

If you've been on the fence about picking up a copy of this game, go for it. I had some reservations, but at this price I figured it was worth a shot. After playing it, I can honestly say I would have payed more for a beat-up bare cart.

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
Yeah! You gotta love fast shipping! I've only ordered off the site once.
I order alot of stuff from Kenny, I paid him for 2 games on Wednesday and got them today, Friday morning.

I hate when sellers, mostly on ebay take their sweet ass time, I'm still waiting for some DVD box sets I paid for 2 weeks ago... frown

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I love the ROTD soundtrack. It's sexy as hell! Especially the parkinglot stage.

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
Man, living in Canada I got to be patient or pay an arm and a leg for the shipping. I ordered my ROTD kit from shawn 10 days ago and still no dice. I should get it by the middle of next week though.

Shawn

snkusa.com
kobylka68:
Man, living in Canada I got to be patient or pay an arm and a leg for the shipping. I ordered my ROTD kit from shawn 10 days ago and still no dice. I should get it by the middle of next week though.
kobylka68, your order has not been shipped yet. I manually sent you an email just two minutes (no exaggeration, check records) after you ordered, requesting additional information required for processing your order. I have not heard back from you since and so this order is still pending. I have forwarded you this same email to both the email you used to place the order and to your public email displayed on your profile. Hope to hear from you soon.

m_bish0p

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Hey Shawn!

As long as you're reading this thread, keep putting them in that second shipping bag, that thing was a life saver!!

thanks for everything!

Shawn

snkusa.com
m_bish0p:
Hey Shawn!

As long as you're reading this thread, keep putting them in that second shipping bag, that thing was a life saver!!

thanks for everything!
Glad to hear that the sealed & padded bubble envelope saved your kit from water damage, and thanks for advice!

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
For $44 you'd be a fool not to buy the ROTD MVS kit. I just loaded mine back up yesterday, great game. Good tunes, fun to play!

Mike

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
Yeah thanks for that Shawn. I guess I missed the email sorry about it but everythings worked out now and I can;t wait to get my MVS kit. Another satisfied neostore customer. You rule Shawn buttrock