Kill Bill uncut

I was hoping someone could help me with this. I want to get the uncut import version of Kill Bill vol.1 on DVD, but I wasn't sure if it would play on my PS2. Its a U.S. version PS2, not an import. Im cluless on the region coding for the PS2, when it comes to DVD's, so please forgive me if this question sounds stupid. :help:

datalogik

Zero's Tailor,
JAP version is uncensored. I got the DVD. PM me for more details.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Jap 1 is region 2 NTSC so will not work on your region 1 PS2.

realgameplay said:
Jap 1 is region 2 NTSC so will not work on your region 1 PS2.
Thank you. Thats exactly what I needed to know. You wouldn't be able to recommend a good mod chip would you? Id like to get a nice one, but I don't know much about em. Thanks.

datalogik

Zero's Tailor,
You can use your PC to play it on and use a DVD software player that's region free, or if you have an Apex DVD player that would work too. Apex is cheap as hell, but will play many formats and different DVD regions. ie vcd,svcd,divx,mpg.. ETC!

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
David Thompson said:
Thank you. Thats exactly what I needed to know. You wouldn't be able to recommend a good mod chip would you? Id like to get a nice one, but I don't know much about em. Thanks.

You can get some dongle thing that goes in the memory card slot, DVD region X maybe?

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
David Thompson said:
I was hoping someone could help me with this. I want to get the uncut import version of Kill Bill vol.1 on DVD, but I wasn't sure if it would play on my PS2. Its a U.S. version PS2, not an import. Im cluless on the region coding for the PS2, when it comes to DVD's, so please forgive me if this question sounds stupid. :help:

Just go to Walmart, and buy "Action Replay MAX" by Datel.

http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=211

ar_max_packshot_large.jpg

BURN YOUR OWN PLAYSTATION 2 COMPATIBLE MOVIE, MP3 MUSIC and RETRO GAME DISCS!

The world's most powerful cheat code system and video game enhancer just got even better!

Bringing revolutionary CD-R and media player features to the PlayStation 2 for the first time, Action Replay MAX once again takes PlayStation 2 game enhancement to a higher level - as only Datel knows how.

With Action Replay MAX the PlayStation 2 suddenly becomes the centre of your digital lifestyle with exciting new functionality including MP3, the most popular movie file formats, CD-R compatibility, USB Flash drive support, PS2 online chat and even a retro games emulator.

Using the bundled MAX Media Creator software for PC, you can now burn a CD-R that will function on any standard PlayStation 2 console – no need to invalidate your console's warranty by tinkering with the hardware. This incredible new capability is both easy to use and immensely powerful.

Now you can create your own custom-made PS2-compatible discs containing MP3 music, movies and even retro Genesis/MegaDrive games. Experience them all through your PlayStation 2, only with Action Replay MAX.

And that's not all…
Packed with even more playable cheat codes than ever, and boasting the best code support of any video game enhancer, Action Replay MAX once again leads where others only dare to follow.

Action Replay MAX is packed with more gamebusting codes than ever, allowing you to beat any PS2 game with a whole host of 100% unofficial cheats that you won't find anywhere else. Instantly acquire MAX health, ammo and money. Unlock secret characters, levels, vehicles and much, much more. Blast your games wide open!

Action Replay's Advanced Code Engine (A.C.E.) will automatically download a game's codes direct to your PlayStation 2, in many cases before that game is even available at retail. What's more, Action Replay is the only cheat code system that will then automatically recognise your new PS2 game release, taking you straight to the specific codes for it. So why wait around until “Day One” for codes?

Not got broadband? No problem. It's still so easy to get the latest codes in a flash. Action Replay includes support for USB Flash drive, or you can download new codes to a CD-R and then load them into Action Replay on a standard PS2 .

New codes can still be entered by hand using a standard PlayStation 2 game pad, or via a compatible USB keyboard such as Datel's own PowerBoard.

Action Replay MAX is quite simply the most advanced cheat code system ever developed, yet it's so easy to pick up and use.

Features:

NEW! Preloaded with over 50,000 powerful cheat codes for the latest and greatest PS2 games. Blast your games wide open with infinite health and ammo, unlock characters, levels, vehicles and more.
NEW! So easy to update with new codes in a variety of ways. The only cheat code system that can be updated directly via a PS2 broadband internet connection, USB Flash Drive, CD-R, USB keyboard or standard PS2 game pad.
NEW! Includes proprietary MAX Media Creator PC software letting you burn your own Action Replay MAX-compatible CD-R's that play on any regular PlayStation 2 – no need to modify your console.
NEW! Enjoy MP3 music via your TV or music system using your PS2 – enjoy over 10 hours of music on just one CD-R (encoded at 128kbps).
NEW! Watch movies encoded in popular file formats on your PS2. One CD-R contains up to 3 hours .
NEW! Play Genesis®/Megadrive® game ROMs on your PS2
NEW! PS2 online chat and instant messaging – enjoy real-time discussion with other Action Replay owners from all over the world
Turn your PS2 into a multi-region DVD player and watch movies from other countries
Pack up to 10 times more data onto any memory card using the MAX Memory Manager feature
Download game-busting PS2 game saves direct to your memory card
Want to access your codes quickly? Action Replay MAX is the only cheat code system that recognises your specific game disc as soon as you insert it.
Unrivalled code support – the fastest codes for all the biggest and best games
Intuitive game-style interface that's a joy to use
…and much, much more!

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I have the uncut Japanese R2 version of the movie.... To be honest, I wouldn't pay more than $30 for it. It isn't all that different from R1.

Lastblade said:
I have the uncut Japanese R2 version of the movie.... To be honest, I wouldn't pay more than $30 for it. It isn't all that different from R1.
Just to be clear on a couple of things..... Is it in color when she fights the crazy 88's. Also, Ive been told that she cuts off Sophies(not sure if I spelled that right) other arm when she's in the trunk of the car. Though Ive also been told that one might be bullshit. Id love to see that fight in color instead of lame ass black and white though. That would probably be the biggest reason Id buy the R2 version.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
David Thompson said:
Just to be clear on a couple of things..... Is it in color when she fights the crazy 88's. Also, Ive been told that she cuts off Sophies(not sure if I spelled that right) other arm when she's in the trunk of the car. Though Ive also been told that one might be bullshit. Id love to see that fight in color instead of lame ass black and white though. That would probably be the biggest reason Id buy the R2 version.

Black and white > color

And yeah she cuts off her other arm. And there are no english subtitles on the japanese speaking parts.

Have fun bitch.

Nesagwa said:
Black and white > color

And yeah she cuts off her other arm. And there are no english subtitles on the japanese speaking parts.

Have fun bitch.
Fuck yes! I must have! Thanks. :buttrock:

buster_broon

The Rock,
Nesagwa said:
Black and white > color

Have fun bitch.

yes there is

but you have to turn them on

remember this was released for the Asian market, just the way when you boot up an american DVD it doesnt go in spanish speaking

there are other additional extras to make it worth buying

sophie fatal's arm severing
the anime is longer with more gore
evern though the fight in the house of blue leaves is in color its also longer with a guy getting his hands severed and the small boy (who she spanks with the sword) making another appearance :D

think in total there is 2mins of footage and the end fight is in color

redrum666

Mai's Apprentice
Kill Bill: Volume 1
http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=5067

Kill Bill: Volume 2
http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=5845

all the add stuff for the R2 ver of Kill Bill: Volume 1

R2 Japan - (Universal Pictures) - No Cuts - Includes the fight in the house of leaves scene in colour with added fight scenes and a longer animated sequence. (111:39 – NTSC).
Added/changed footage in the Japanese version:
(0:00.43)
- The Japanese cut replaces the Old Klingon Proverb "Revenge is a dish best served cold" at the beginning of the film with a dedication to filmmaker Kinji Fukasaku .
(0:10.00 )
- The opening scene between The Bride and Vernita Green has two alternate angles shown when The Bride asks for a towel instead as the R-rated having the overhead shot.
(0:37.24) 4.5 Sec Anime sequence
- In the anime sequence, one of Boss Matsumoto's men has his face smashed into a wall twice, rather then just once. A close up shot on the man faling down on the floor
(0:41.10) 8 Sec Anime sequence
- In the anime sequence, when O-Ren Ishii kills Matsumoto and tells him to look at her face, she asks him to look at more facial features (nose, chin. etc.) to be recognized.
(0:41.47) 1.5 Sec Anime sequence
- There is a close up shot of O-Ren moving the knife up his stomach and then finally pulling it out.
(0:41.55) 2 Sec Anime sequence
- A close up shot on the dying Matsumuto
(0:42.01) 6 Sec Anime sequence
- A distant shot of O-Ren sitting ontop Matsumoto. Blood squirts out of Matsumotos belly.
(0:60.54) 0.7 Sec
- In the bar scene ,Gogo Yubari is stabbing a man in the stomach and you see blood and guts squirt out of the belly.
(1:14.53) 1 Sec
- The scene when the bride choppes of the arm on Sophie last a bit longer while she lying on the floor screaming
(1:15.31) 0.5 Sec
- The close up scene of Sophie lies on the floor screaming is longer.
(1:17.21) 3 Sec
- A close up of the first female Crazy 88 (Julie Manase) gargling blood after being pinned to a wooden pillar by a sword.
(1:23.25) 2.5 Sec
- A shot of The Bride stabbing two Crazy 88s at once using her own sword as well as another Crazy 88's sword.
(1:23.33) 3 Sec
- A ten foot high super back flip that The Bride executes before landing back down to pop out one of the Crazy 88's eyes. (This is just before the eye-popping scene)
Between time index (1:23.37-1:27.37 ) 3mins 32 sec
- All scenes during this time are in full colour in this Japanese version while the R-rated version is Black and White.
(1:23.41) 2.5 Sec
- The Bride pops the eyeball into the mouth of a Crazy 88 (which she yanked in the previous shot) ,and the partially armless Sofie Fatale giving a disgusted reaction.
(1:24.01) 2 Sec
- A sword blow. The blood injects out of the neck area (Shot from behind)
(1:24.20) 10 sec
- The first appearance of the "Kid Crazy 88" (the one who gets spanked with the sword). In this shot, we now find out why he's missing a mask later on. As he's about to attack The Bride, she swipes his mask off. We see he's just a kid, and he gives the universal "don't hurt me" sign. The Bride has a look of shock on her face in realizing he's just a kid, so she grabs him, throws him across, knocking 3-4 Crazy 88 into a blood filled mini pool. This shot of the 3-4 falling, while cut from the US version of Vol 1, also showed up in the end credits of the US cut of Vol 2. Overall, this "mini scene" helps establish The Bride's look of surprise even more when she sees the young Crazy 88 the last time... and his follow up "don't hurt me" look even funnier.
(1:24.36 ) 1.5 Sec
- A shot of a Crazy 88 getting slashed across the chest and spraying blood all over a wall.
(1:24.54) 3.5 Sec
- When The Bride jumps onto the shoulders of one of the Crazy 88, after she slashes another one across the face, the Crazy 88 she's standing on tries to attack her from below. She parries the attack and cuts his hands off. The shot then cuts to the forward somersault.
(1:27.37 )
- Since the fight is already in colour, the close up "eye shot" of The Bride blinking is cut. Instead, the first part of the close up before she blinks is shown, however, at the point when she normally blinks, there is a replacement medium shot of her standing slightly fatigued and holding her sword out.
(1:41.17) 10 Sec
- Finally, after the "House of Blue Leaves" fight, is the most infamous of the missing scenes and that is Sofie Fatale's extended "trunk interrogation" scene. After The Bride warns Sofie about cutting off something, instead of cutting back to Sofie in the hospital, The Bride is shown grabbing Sofie's arm and screams "GIVE ME YOUR OTHER ARM!" Sofie starts to panic, but then The Bride chops off her other arm, causing blood to splash onto the screen and Sofie begins screaming again.

REIJI

n00b
Wait a sec!!! Ok let me get this straight, if I were to purchase the US version of KILL BILL VOL.1 I would be missing out on these extras and extensions?! Are you guys serious? Please inform this newb!

Does this also relate to KILL BILL VOL.2???

buster_broon

The Rock,
REIJI said:
Wait a sec!!! Ok let me get this straight, if I were to purchase the US version of KILL BILL VOL.1 I would be missing out on these extras and extensions?! Are you guys serious? Please inform this newb!

Does this also relate to KILL BILL VOL.2???

definately try and pick up the premium box set of kill bill vol1 - love mine

as for kill bill vol2 uncut, i dont think anyones sure, some websites are saying its uncut but others are not saying it at all

the premium box set of vol2 is out in 5 days and i have it preordered