KOF hack possible?

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
Recently, someone was saying how great it would be if there were a game that had ALL of the characters that were ever in a KOF game.

My question is... Do you think it would be technically possible to hack KOF 94-2000 and combine the characters into 1 game?

I think the best and most realistic way to do this would be to hack KOF '98 and insert the missing characters into that game, since 98 had almost all of the characters from 94-98 anyway.

To select the other characters, there could maybe be several character select screens from each KOF game that have the characters not in KOF 98 (maybe you could cycle through them with D or just keep hitting up or down to go to the next page).

Seeing as a game that literally bundled all the characters from 94-2000, all of the music, and all of the backgrounds would be HUGE, it would probably be necessary to choose only the best backgrounds, music/sfx, and variations of characters (i.e. KOF 95 Kyo or KOF 98 Kyo).

...which begs the question - Which of these would you want in the KOF? The possibilities are almost endless.
smile.gif

Jackal

SouthTown StreetSweeper
I've got some ideas...

Music: Use the tunes from KOF'98 for any characters that are in 98. For other characters from '95, '96, '97, '99, or 2000, use their respective themes.
Eiji Kisaragi- use his '95 Yagami team theme.
Billy Kane- use his '97 theme.
Kasumi Todoh- use her '96 theme.
Chris/Yashiro/Shermie- you got it, the N.F.T. music!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Backgrounds:
Mexico (KOF'94)
Spain (KOF'98)
Middle East (KOF'98)
Ikari Warriors' Stage (KOF'96)
England (KOF'94)
Monaco (KOF'97)
Neo-Geo World (KOF'95)
Amusement Park (KOF'97)
China (KOF'97)
New Faces Team Stage (KOF'97)
Chizuru's Arena (KOF'96)
Blacknoah (KOF'94)

Alternate Character versions of characters already found in '98:
Athena- '97 version
Yuri- '94 version
Robert- '99 version (using the charge motions)
Terry- '94 version

Game Rules: Use the '98 system.
smile.gif
NO
mad.gif
STRIKERS
mad.gif
PLEASE.

gameoverdude.jpg
www.gameoverdude.com
jackal.jpg

C

Caris Nautilus

Yes its possible.

But I doubt as a rom neorage could play. Easiest way is to donwload MUGEN and find every KOF character out for it, Then you could always make the rest
wink.gif