KOf Party video, featuring KOF 98 Ultimate

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Violent Ryo said:
You can't scroll through the video....are there any 98 UM matches in this partition of the video?
If you can't understand Japanese the first 3/4 of the movie is really boring. After discovering I couldn't skip ahead, I converted the file to a divx avi file and then skipped to the matches. At the end there's this awesome match where this guy is playing as daimon and he has just a little chunk of life yet, all the way down to the red (he's in EX mode) and the other guy is using terry and has almost a full bar of life and daimon keeps doing dm's and makes this crazy come back just by blocking and being real careful then he finally wins and everyones amazed. It reminded me of that evo when that famous japanese player came back with chun li, or was it ken, you know what I mean though.

Last edited:

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
SnairDogg said:
If you can't understand Japanese the first 3/4 of the movie is really boring. After discovering I couldn't skip ahead, I converted the file to a divx avi file and then skipped to the matches. At the end there's this awesome match where this guy is playing as takuma and he has just a little chunk of life yet, all the way down to the red (he's in EX mode) and the other guy is using terry and has almost a full bar of life and takuma keeps doing dm's and makes this crazy come back just by blocking and being real careful then he finally wins and everyones amazed. It reminded me of that evo when that famous japanese player came back with chun li, or was it ken, you know what I mean though.

Nice, but I hope these guys weren't noobs, like the people SNKP got to play NGBC when it was new.

Will download again and convert now. All I have to do is rename the file to .avi right?

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
SnairDogg said:
If you can't understand Japanese the first 3/4 of the movie is really boring. After discovering I couldn't skip ahead, I converted the file to a divx avi file and then skipped to the matches. At the end there's this awesome match where this guy is playing as takuma and he has just a little chunk of life yet, all the way down to the red (he's in EX mode) and the other guy is using terry and has almost a full bar of life and takuma keeps doing dm's and makes this crazy come back just by blocking and being real careful then he finally wins and everyones amazed. It reminded me of that evo when that famous japanese player came back with chun li, or was it ken, you know what I mean though.

Yeah I SAW That, that was AWESOME! And it was Daimon, not Takuma.

The whole game looks great, even the Stage select makes me go "SWEET!"

EDIT: Finally got it, I've got all the match vids up in my profile:
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=CainSSJ4

Last edited:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I could skip through the original video using bsplayer, although it would need some seconds to actually skip. There are 5 matches in the last part of the video, starting at around 45min I think.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Cain Highwind said:

The whole game looks great, even the Stage select makes me go "SWEET!"

EDIT: Finally got it, I've got all the match vids up in my profile:
http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=CainSSJ4

Yeah that technique would have worked with Takuma as well....

Dodge > qcf x 2+ light punch DM!

But the players did suck.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Cain Highwind said:
Oops you're right.

Still an impressive comeback (the guy playing as Daimon got his ass handed to him just until that last match, so maybe he's only good with Daimon who knows.)

I used this program called "Allok 3GP PSP MP4 iPod Video Converter" to change it to a divx avi (just renaming the file probably won't do the trick). It took 45min-1hr btw.

Last edited:

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
OrochiEddie said:
I'm suprised no one noticed "Brain Batter"
:lolz: :lolz:

I did notice "Brain" didn't notice Batter until someone from S-C pointed it out. It's funny just how many typos we've seen with this game. If you notice also, on the select screen it's "Krauser" but on the Winning screen it's "Kurauser"

I'm sure it's just a matter of being early in development and they'll fix it for the final version.

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Looks great, too bad the people playing seemed awful. That Leona vs Geese match was terrible.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Cain Highwind said:
I did notice "Brain" didn't notice Batter until someone from S-C pointed it out. It's funny just how many typos we've seen with this game. If you notice also, on the select screen it's "Krauser" but on the Winning screen it's "Kurauser"

I'm sure it's just a matter of being early in development and they'll fix it for the final version.
early testing generally (keyword generally) doesn't count for horrible spelling. Glitches? yes! game crashes? Yes! but all they have to do is copy the words from the old '98