KoFXI 'short hop'

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
After watching countless combo vids and matches I had been wondering how to do the short hop that so many do...I have been told to do a varriety of things but the easiest way, for me, is:

db, uf, db.....

do it quickly and you will have that nice short hop for comboing, have fun!!!

N2x

Chin's Bartender
I accidently pulled that off once. I thought I encountered a glitch.

Thanks for proving I wasn't hallucinating!

CarlosZ

Mickey's Coach
lol yesterday night i was just practicing hopping the hard way (actually tapping the joystick), as soon as i saw this i tried it out and OMG it works!!!! It's crazyyyyy i didn't know there was an "easier way" MUAHAHAHA now lets put it in action with my new Kof 2k2!!! :buttrock:

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
I believe the short hop had been in the game since KOF95 or 96... you guys are late bloomers :emb:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
bokmeow said:
I believe the short hop had been in the game since KOF95 or 96... you guys are late bloomers :emb:

lol, I was thinking the exact same thing. Short hopping is the best way to jump in to start an attack. Nothing like a good short hop while doing a CD attack. Rush down, bitches!

CarlosZ

Mickey's Coach
nah i knew about it, its just i thought it was so hard to do it wasn't worth while, then along came THIS and now ive been playing 2k2 non stop because i can do all kinds of stuff now. yes! :buttrock:

Last edited:

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:
lol, I was thinking the exact same thing. Short hopping is the best way to jump in to start an attack. Nothing like a good short hop while doing a CD attack. Rush down, bitches!

only problem with that is that Jumping CD's (or Jumping E's) in XI can be blocked low :emb:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
umm is there a new short hop in XI or are you guys talking about the same old short hop thats in all the kof's?

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
alec said:
umm is there a new short hop in XI or are you guys talking about the same old short hop thats in all the kof's?

same old short hop. Maybe I've been out of the KoF loop for a while but the hop seems to be even closer to the ground in XI than it was in the past.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
thats cool.
haven't gotten a chance to play it yet.

_Exiled_

Overtop Pathfinder
I like to short hop with Kyo using his jumping B. Makes a great crossover most of the time, kinda like in XI :D