Last Blade 2 Dreamcast

Garou[ryu]

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Was the blood removed from this game????? I just got it on dreamcast and i played it briefly on a freinds xbox awhile ago. I dont remember if there was blood on the rom but i do remember my freind would do supers that would cut my character clean in half? was this removed from the dreamcast version?

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
Actually I was under the impression that only the US version was censored and that the JP Import was untouched...can someone confirm this?
:conf:

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Kazuki Dash said:
Actually I was under the impression that only the US version was censored and that the JP Import was untouched...can someone confirm this?
:conf:

I highly doubt the import version for Dreamcast was censored. That's SNKP Japan for ya.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
voodoodoctorx said:
US version is without a doubt censored jap is perfect

I wouldn't say perfect, there is a delay in the sound effects on the DC version. The characters grunt after sword swings instead of during them & all sound effects are a little delayed like that. It's not major, but a little annoying if you've played it on the Neo before the DC.

voodoodoctorx

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
bad choice of words i was thinking perfect as in the blood and such was intact.
kinda funny how snk let this and garou out with the same bug

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
voodoodoctorx said:
bad choice of words i was thinking perfect as in the blood and such was intact.
kinda funny how snk let this and garou out with the same bug

Garou's never bothered me as much as LB2, probably because sword clashes must be timed right. Punch sound effects don't matter as much I suppose.

I've noticed the loading times are a little longer on LB2 Final Edition than the US version for some reason.

Greatkiller

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I bought the Last Blade 2 for DRC US and once I saw white blood I was like AHH! and I sold it and bought JPN Last Blade 2

Robert

20 Year Member
I don't think garou needs censorship. Long time I haven't played but I never saw any mature material.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Garou[ryu] said:
was garou motw censored in any way?

Not that I noticed - seems to be a pretty decent port. The music is a little off, and the gameplay seemed a tad off as well (not as "crisp"), but overall it's a nice port.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
None of the DC SNK ports were ever "correct". Even going back to the KoF games b/c the control was just off. There was bad command lag in KoF with the auto combos and such or command overhead into super combos, sound effects were late (ESPECIALLY in LB2), that horrid DC loading sound and censorship was an issue in the US ports. Nothing was worse than doing a big move in LB2 and getting that big milk spurt to come out of their chest. I hated it. Nothing like playing the games the way they were meant to be played on the AES or MVS. Play them like that or even play an XBOX rom if you have NO OTHER CHOICE and then play the DC port and the differences will stand out.

O.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
O. Yashiro said:
Nothing was worse than doing a big move in LB2 and getting that big milk spurt to come out of their chest. I hated it.

:lol: I always thought of it as sweat, so this hit my funny bone for some reason!

SNKNostalgia

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Last Blade 2 is one of the games I own on all systems now since it was messed up with what you get in the different versions.

1st: Bought it on Neo Geo CD. Great music, bad loading, poses are missing, taunts were taken out, can't cut people in half, there is blood though.

2nd: Dreamcast JP version. Music is cart only, which I thought was gay for a CD release. Delayed sound effects which annoyed the crap out of me. No language select. Dreamcast S-video has a very black dotty look on this game, looks ugly to me. Atleast the gameplay is 100% there.

3rd: Neo Geo AES. Its about time, I just got it like 3 weeks ago from Jorge. Cart Music only but hey its great when you play on a cart system. Everything there of course, perfect game. I still really like LB 2's arranged music though.

I may get the PS2 version if it is released US as long as its not censored or they make it so the Jap version can have language select. It better have original or arranged option for the music or else I have no reason to get it.

Oh well overall just get this on AES or MVS to save you the pain.