Last resort, cross hatch pattern on boot error

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Got a Last Resort that i had eraser cleaned pretty nicely but it will only boot up a crosshatch pattern. All my other games are working fine. I'm using a MV2 mobo with a HAS super gun and a neo to jamma adapter.

My question is if there is anything I can do to try and fix? Like i said, it's been clean really nicely and it doesn't seem to be anything messed up with the board. I don't have any testing or electronic equipment at my disposal. So i am very limited but would like to know if there is something more i can try.

http://imgur.com/a/wCAHW

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Got a Last Resort that i had eraser cleaned pretty nicely but it will only boot up a crosshatch pattern. All my other games are working fine. I'm using a MV2 mobo with a HAS super gun and a neo to jamma adapter.

My question is if there is anything I can do to try and fix? Like i said, it's been clean really nicely and it doesn't seem to be anything messed up with the board. I don't have any testing or electronic equipment at my disposal. So i am very limited but would like to know if there is something more i can try.

http://imgur.com/a/wCAHW

Hey man

Sadly, the options seem limited without soldering equipment. If you already cleaned it properly, and you are sure your MVS board works fine (which I'm sure you do) the other option would be taking a look inside the cart, and see if anything obvious may be damaged (like a broken trace or a chip leg lifted or not properly soldered). Anyway, I'm very confident the cart can be fixed, however it may take a new chip or a trace patching or something like that. If you got it from ebay, try returning it as not working, if you bought it as not working, I'm sure somebody here can help you fix it.

Best regards, and good luck with it.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
That pcbs look in great shape. My guess would be a bad P1. I can fix that cart with 100% certainty.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
How do you clean your slots and that cart edge needs to be cleaned with an eraser.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Hey man

Sadly, the options seem limited without soldering equipment. If you already cleaned it properly, and you are sure your MVS board works fine (which I'm sure you do) the other option would be taking a look inside the cart, and see if anything obvious may be damaged (like a broken trace or a chip leg lifted or not properly soldered). Anyway, I'm very confident the cart can be fixed, however it may take a new chip or a trace patching or something like that. If you got it from ebay, try returning it as not working, if you bought it as not working, I'm sure somebody here can help you fix it.

Best regards, and good luck with it.

I've opened up the cart but I really can't tell if something is out of place. Can't return it so my options will be to have the game fixed.

That pcbs look in great shape. My guess would be a bad P1. I can fix that cart with 100% certainty.

I'm sending you a PM.

How do you clean your slots and that cart edge needs to be cleaned with an eraser.

For the motherboard slots, i used a credit card wrapped with thin cloth, poured with some alcohol. Then i just inserted it into the slots and cleaned them.

For the cart pins i used this method over on this site

http://retrorgb.com/cleangames.html

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
The solder looked great, but still had a lot of fine cracks. A reflow of the Prog board fixed it.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Got the game back in good working order thanks to bustedstr8.