Leon the Profesional Deluxe Edition on sale 15.99

dullbuoy

Leon Ther,
snagged me a copy from Fry's.

i'm guessing this is the uncut version (133 min). it does say unrated.
2 disc edition, Superbit, includes 10 year retrospective, Jean Reno special, and Natalie Portman special.

also has a Sin Cityesque sleeve cover:
B0006GVJEE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

i've been holding off on buying this film for a long time (i do have the old US version vhs copy), but this one looked to sweet to pass up.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
With the exception of the bonus disc how is this release much different from LEON Integral {laser disc} which was the same as LEON: The Professional released on DVD in it's entirety from before???

MERCENARY X99
"El Hombre" :spock:

dullbuoy

Leon Ther,
Mercenary X99 said:
With the exception of the bonus disc how is this release much different from LEON Integral {laser disc} which was the same as LEON: The Professional released on DVD in it's entirety from before???

MERCENARY X99
"El Hombre" :spock:

i've never seen/purchased those so i can't comment on it. this is the most detailed review of the various releases:
http://www.dvdfile.com/software/review/dvd-video_9/leonprofessional_de.html

If you haven’t purchased the Superbit version of Leon yet, you’re lucky: This two-disc Deluxe Edition actually retails a couple bucks cheaper than the single-disc Superbit release (!), so you should definitely snatch it up. But for a film that has so many releases and re-releases on DVD, this isn’t an immediate pick-up.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
dvdfile.com used to be one of my all time favorite sites...I used to check it every day. Then that fool wrote a book, and now it hardly ever gets updated. Their box office stats are from a month ago... they used to have a full page of news every weekday, now once every couple weeks if you're lucky.

The disc sounds good, but maybe not enough to upgrade from my director's cut. I might rent it to check out the extras.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
If you already have the movie Leon, then this one probably isn't worth purchasing. If you don't, you should probably grab it - it's a terrific movie, genuinely moving - in a Shito sort of way. :kekeke: