Let It Die! Whos playing?

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
So Let it Die is a free to play ps4 exclusive created by Grasshopper manufacture, the same guys behind No More Heroes, Killer 7, and Lollipop chainsaw. The game is basically a mix of a roguelike, and an action game. The objective is to climb to the top of the tower of bards.

So far I have only played it for a few hours, but i am enjoying it a lot. Its pretty wacky, which is to be expected from a Suda 51 title. The story is you are playing a video game at the arcade called "let it die" so its not meant to be taken seriously at all, and i think that adds to the charm of the gameplay. Since the game is free to play, there are things to purchase with real world money, such as more item slots, and the ability to speed up weapon creation. I'm not sure if its required to purchase stuff, but as of now i haven't and don't plan to, and I'm still enjoying my time.

Last edited:

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Been playing, don't know how pumped I am about it though. I'm a huge suda51 fan so I expect quite a bit but the micro transaction aspect really is off putting even if it's not required.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Been playing, don't know how pumped I am about it though. I'm a huge suda51 fan so I expect quite a bit but the micro transaction aspect really is off putting even if it's not required.

I feel the same way. Ive never been big on F2P games. I will play it, and enjoy it for what it is, but if paying is required to fully experience the game, then i will just play it moderately

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Looks weird...but interesting. I may have to check this out.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Love Suda's action games, but ever since he changed Lily Bergamo to this F2P format game I wasn't so sure if this game was for me. I'm not really into the whole online-only style of games and microtransactions get annoying really quick. Let me know what you all think though. I know it's free so it's not like there's any monetary risk. I just tend to prefer his unique action style games like Samurai Champloo, NMH 1&2, Lolipop Chainsaw, Killer is Dead, etc.

I'm curious if Let It Die plays and feels anything like any of his previous action titles. His action games usually have great soundtracks too. How is the music?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Played about an hour, wasn't impressed. Typical timegated f2p trash.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I'm at floor 8 or 9 and seriously tired of them recycling the same assets the whole time. Haven't spend a single cent on it so far.
I wish you could actually hear the music during normal gameplay and not just in the waiting room and the arcade.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
I've enjoyed what I've played but I'm not that far as I think I'm on level 5

It sure is wacky and I assume he did this to finance his next passion project whatever that may be