Lite-Brite Stuff

bendor

Fio's Quartermaster
Been to a couple garage sales lately and picked up a couple lite brites. here are two that i've done so far. Anyone else have any cool lite brite stuff they've done?

LiteBriteSNK.jpg

LiteBriteDreamcast.jpg

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Takumaji said:
What is Lite Brite? Looks nice.

Didn't have it in Germany?

Boy did you guys get screwed.

Somebody needs to do some Etch-A-Sketches.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I've just read a Wiki entry on Lite Brite, never seen it before. Reminds me a bit of "Ministeck", a system of small colored plastic pieces that can be stuck on a white plastic grid, always loved this style of pixel graphics, check out Norbert "Mister Ministeck" Bayer's website for some awesome pics.

I know Etch-a-Sketch though, loved it a lot back in the day, not as a toy but a free source for aluminium powder for firecrackers... whenever someone dumped their Etch, I was there... :D

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Takumaji said:
I know Etch-a-Sketch though, loved it a lot back in the day, not as a toy but a free source for aluminium powder for firecrackers... whenever someone dumped their Etch, I was there... :D

Tak, that is awesome! Hahaha I see you've been into pyro-technics/fireworks for some time.

I never knew what was inside Etch-a-Sketchs.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Lagduf said:
Tak, that is awesome! Hahaha I see you've been into pyro-technics/fireworks for some time.

Too bad that kids today get locked up or committed for trying to learn about stuff like that.

Our pansyass postColumbine/9.11 policies are taking all the fun out of Science. If we had them 50 years ago, Americans would have never landed on the moon or invented the personal computer.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Lagduf said:

I never knew what was inside Etch-a-Sketchs.

I'm still in it, it turned into a full-blown obsession a long time ago.

Too bad private fireworks are only allowed on New Year's Eve over here (we call that night "Silvester") from 6 p.m. on 31 Dezember until 6 p.m. 1 Jan... but well, I'm a strong supporter of the 11th commandment "thou shalt not get caught" so it's all good. :D

The Al found in Etch-a-Sketches is quite good, it has just the right particle size and shape, even though it's phlegmatised and has to be heated to about 200 deg. C before it can be used in standard Flash or double-base BP.

Oh, and once I had a "Agent 007 Action Suitcase", some sort of agent/spy kit for kids, and guess where the Al of the fingerprinting equipment went... :)

norton, it's the same over here, now you have to sign all sorts of crazy papers if you only want to buy nitrates, and perchlorates are completely prohibited for private sale now, as well as hundreds of other chemicals... ...as if a fucking terrorist would need fucking potassium perchlorate for a earth-shaking bomb, that's just ridiculous. I really hate that crap, damn Eurokrats are on a powertrip, that's all there is about, that and the influence of large insurance corps.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Takumaji said:
norton, it's the same over here, now you have to sign all sorts of crazy papers if you only want to buy nitrates, and perchlorates are completely prohibited for private sale now, as well as hundreds of other chemicals... ...as if a fucking terrorist would need fucking potassium perchlorate for a earth-shaking bomb, that's just ridiculous. I really hate that crap, damn Eurokrats are on a powertrip, that's all there is about, that and the influence of large insurance corps.

You know what's even worse?
The restrictions on Model Rockets:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_rockets#Controversy_in_the_United_States

Both amateur and model rocketry have come under controversy in the United States following the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, as federal and state authorities allege that model rockets can be modified to act as weapons.

Authorities argue that all members of the hobby should have to be licensed and their purchases recorded and reported to federal agencies. Critics of such policies, particularly those involved in the hobby itself, argue that while building model rockets capable of high speeds and fairly impressive altitudes is a relatively simple feat, guidance systems are exceedingly difficult to design and expensive to implement. G. Harry Stine has stated in his Handbook of Model Rocketry that

"A model rocket literally disintegrates when it hits something because its airframe absorbs the energy of impact by destroying itself. This is the same principle used in modern automobiles where “crush zones” absorb the energy of a crash by deforming and collapsing. Model rockets have been deliberately launched directly into sheets of window glass; these experiments completely destroyed the models but didn’t even scratch the glass."

NO fucking wonder all kids do is play Halo and call each others a N*gger F*GG*TS. They get fat, anti-social and have no interest in Science.... Cuz it is no fun...

Yeah I was a fat kid who played lots of video games.... But I still did shit.