Lizard Lick Amusements

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
For the users here who have ordered from them, what has your experience been like? The reason I ask is because I ordered parts from their site on the 13th, understanding the lead times associated with Sanwa and Seimitsu products, and have yet to receive any notification of shipment, or communication of any kind for that matter; I have called twice to inquire about the status of my order, both attempts being unsuccessful. They’re shipping out of 27527, which makes this inexcusable to a degree, seeing as I should receive my products within 1-2 days of shipment.

Anyone experienced any similar issues, or difficulties of any kind?

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
I've bought from them before with no issues. Last time I bought something from them was probably over a year or so ago though, so I'm not aware of their current status.

They're definitely a small operation.

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
I prefer to order from Lizard Lick. As they are in the US, they are easier to deal with if there's an issue and the shipping is cheaper. They don't always have what I need in the stock, but if you email them they can get it quickly. They are always friendly and responsive.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I haven't ordered for them in a few years now, but when I did they were very quick with the shipping. Also, there wasn't such a demand back then for joysticks/buttons as there is now. I would imagine their turnaround has slowed as a result.

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
I've had nothing but great service with them, but then again, last time I ordered from them was a year ago.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
you will eventually get your stuff but you will never hear from them.

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager

As I suspected. No communication at all, especially for several months, is unacceptable; you don’t take a person’s money and then refuse to engage them. It also doesn’t behoove a man to upset certain people, but I will remain civil. I’ll take the issue to Paypal, as I have no confidence in the transaction after having read that many customer testimonies.

The sites listed in the related thread are also very much appreciated. Thanks, guys.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
LizardLick, to put it nicely, has been spotty lately. Most of the stuff people usually get from them is found on FocusAttack.com, and they run a tight ship there with quick shipments and great communication. I highly recommend FocusAttack.

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
LizardLick, to put it nicely, has been spotty lately. Most of the stuff people usually get from them is found on FocusAttack.com, and they run a tight ship there with quick shipments and great communication. I highly recommend FocusAttack.

Indeed; I was reviewing their site an hour ago, and customer reviews which I've read have been very positive.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I heard a lot of folks have had a hard time trying to get stuff from them. But of course it's right around the release of a game so everybody tries to rush an order in before the game comes out. I ordered a few years ago and I got my stuff the week I ordered it. Everything was packed nice and I was able to swap the stick and buttons out of my MadKatz stick really fast.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I ordered some sticks and buttons last year and I swear it was at my house the next day. They seem to be out of stock all the time now.

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
I initially ordered from LizardLick because of numerous good reviews, and the insistence from people that suppliers were very prompt in filling out of stock items. What I didn’t hear about is the seller becoming completely derelict of his duties. I don’t get burned twice; I won’t be ordering from there again. I don’t care if he starts shipping his parts in flakes of gold and slips in a nude picture of his wife; I’m not throwing any amount of money at someone who can’t be bothered to even discuss the situation with someone who has paid them.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
Lately i would avoid getting parts from them, try paradiseshop, or focusattack....

last year was great, but on the second half of the year, that's when things started to get really weird, just email them, or call them to get your money back, they are so backed on their orders its not funny. I would reorder (i had great experience from them before) once they fulfill the orders but as of right now, they are pretty backed

Hawkeye

n00b
I ordered a joystick from these guys on 2/24 and it still hasn't been shipped. I e-mailed and called a bunch of times but never any response. From what I've been hearing from other people on the forums, they're having some sort of issue right now. Some people got their stuff but it took over a month. I guess I'll just wait and see.

The problem is they're the only place I found IL Eurosticks. Anyone know of somewhere else to get them? Is http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/en/ any good?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I ordered a joystick from these guys on 2/24 and it still hasn't been shipped. I e-mailed and called a bunch of times but never any response. From what I've been hearing from other people on the forums, they're having some sort of issue right now. Some people got their stuff but it took over a month. I guess I'll just wait and see.

The problem is they're the only place I found IL Eurosticks. Anyone know of somewhere else to get them? Is http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/en/ any good?

hawk, ive ordered from paradise multiple times now ans never had an issue, have sticks and buttons coming from them now as a matter of factly :D he sends delicious treats too!

Sixth

Sakura's Bank Manager
As an update, my Paypal claim with LizardLick was promptly closed via a full refund by Chad, to his credit. I’ve since ordered my parts from FocusAttack, who managed to get them to me cleanly before the aforementioned refund had even fully cleared. The recommendation is greatly appreciated, guys.

On a side note, JLFs are becoming increasingly difficult to find through sites such as these. I was forced to acquire the stick separately from the rest of the parts, which is a shame given that FocusAttack’s shipping is so incredibly prompt.