Long Shot Question: Capcom Mini Cute Monitor.

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
I have a Capcom Mini Cute but no monitor. From what I've read the display is 18", I've tried getting a 19" to fit, but the tube is just too big.

IS there a site that sells new 18" crts?

I really don't want to put an LCD inside this cab.

Any help is appreciated.

WeinerDogSunglasses

Ghost of Captain Kidd
15 Year Member
Wells Gardner should. I looked at their site semi-recently and remember them having 18" CRTs. Check that out

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Are you sure this monitor is not a 17". I used to own a mini cute and although I never measured I always thought it was a 17".

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Are you sure this monitor is not a 17". I used to own a mini cute and although I never measured I always thought it was a 17".

It's 18"

Good luck with your CRT replacement. If you succeed, you'll be the first guy I heard of that pulled it off. Everyone else that I know of that tried, went the easy way out with an lcd. I thought... blasphemy! Especially when Mr-Megalo did it and painted the whole thing black!

Last edited:

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
The only monitor that might work is VGA. Anyone have positive results with a CGA to VGA resolution converter like this one?

I use one of those converters with a 19' Makvision VGA CRT. Works awesome for most games. The Cave SH3 and Psikyo stuff looks amazing. The only boards I have a problem with is the Cave PGM stuff. Has some weird random refresh/sync issues.

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
Yeah, good luck finding a CRT for your cab.

I can't seem to find a 19" CRT. WG emailed to say they no longer make 19" CRTs.

Billabs emails are bouncing back to me, and I see a Kortek brand for sale at another site, but they havent responded to e-mail....

Let us know how you make out!