Looking for replacement vinyl for my MVS.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I don't know if anyone has any good suggestions as to where to find a good match for the vinyl on the US MVS units? The wood at the bottom of my MVS needs to be repaired as well as the vinyl in several areas on the cab so I'm looking to fully replace the vinyl then I'd like to have the logos painted back on top of the vinyl.

Any suggestions?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I don't know if anyone has any good suggestions as to where to find a good match for the vinyl on the US MVS units? The wood at the bottom of my MVS needs to be repaired as well as the vinyl in several areas on the cab so I'm looking to fully replace the vinyl then I'd like to have the logos painted back on top of the vinyl.

Any suggestions?

Are you just looking for Big Red replacement side art? That's pretty readily available from the online shops. Which vinyl parts do you need?

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
No I have the masks for the side art. I'm looking for vinyl itself. Big reds were covered in a red/ish vinyl then the SNK and Neo-Geo logo's were painted onto the cabs with a mask. I'm looking for the full replacement for the vinyl.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
No I have the masks for the side art. I'm looking for vinyl itself. Big reds were covered in a red/ish vinyl then the SNK and Neo-Geo logo's were painted onto the cabs with a mask. I'm looking for the full replacement for the vinyl.

Ah, OK, you're just looking for some red vinyl that matches the original. That's got to be out there. I've seen tons of restoration sites where they buy huge sheets of the side vinyl, place it on the machine, and than exacto-knife it down to size. I'm guessing that would work... but would want to find the right red.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
Thanks I'll do that. I've also ordered a few different swatches from other companies that might work... I'll post here if I ever find one that matches well enough.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I'd be interested if you find a good match. I would like to do my big red in the future and would rather not have to deal with painting the whole cab.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
That's what I'm trying to avoid... not that painting it is a problem... but, it will not quite look right to me.