Louis CK is the funniest comedian out there right now.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
From his latest HBO special:

Anyone who disagrees is just plain wrong/

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
That video isn't even loading for me (iPad) and I still agree.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
half bear, half lion. lol.

watch this shit if you haven't already, holy shit. thanks for the heads up.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Yeah I caught that special a couple of nights ago. Louie is my for sure my favorite living comedian right now. Louie, Bill Bur and Patrice (RIP) all have a very similar yet distinct comedy style that I love so much. I love their outlook.

This however was one of his worst specials, but that's not saying much because it was still pretty damn freaking good. Love Louie and still waiting on that new season.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
There have been a few moments where I cringe at what he says because it (to me) starts crossing the dark humor line into something more offensive. It has only been a couple times though.

Overall I think of any touring comedian he is my favorite aside from maybe Eddie Izzard.

Aziz Ansari is good as well. Saw him live a couple weeks ago. Very funny

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
There have been a few moments where I cringe at what he says because it (to me) starts crossing the dark humor line into something more offensive. It has only been a couple times though.

Don't be a pussy

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I want to see him live!

He's awesome live. I saw him once a few years ago, and couldn't stop laughing. I left the show with very sore sides.

...and yes Louis CK is definitely the funniest comedian out these days.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
agreed completely. I'm sure most people here have heard this, but if you haven't, this is perhaps my favorite moment in radio history.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
agreed completely. I'm sure most people here have heard this, but if you haven't, this is perhaps my favorite moment in radio history.

I think Louis CK figured it out: Donald Rumsfeld is an alien lizard who eats people. Why else wouldn't he answer him?

Louis CK should get his own talk show, that would be awesome.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Don't be a pussy

Funny enough that comment doesn't bother me at all. Usually the things that get me are when he starts making somewhat racial comments. I get his intention is for it to be all in good fun and 9/10 times I still laugh, but once in a while I get a slightly uncomfortable vibe. Then again, by no means do I think he should stop using those jokes (As its his right to do so) and I am aware he is not making the statement to be racist/sexist/etc, but to make a laugh. It's not like some Dice Clay shit or anything.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'd love to hear something specific that offended you. Not to argue or anything, but just to know what exactly it was. I get slightly uncomfortable when he talks about how stupid his children are, but I wouldn't say it offends me. I like that he goes places like that, even if it gives me a weird vibe.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
just pull your labia up over your ears if things get too scary bro

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I love Louis stand up, hated his HBO show and love his show on FX.

I saw his new HBO special when the first aired it, it's solid. At least his material is, I think the what really hurt it is the 360 degree crowd. That made it very awkward, constant movement and mugging for all side was very off putting and hard to film and edit.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I'd love to hear something specific that offended you. Not to argue or anything, but just to know what exactly it was. I get slightly uncomfortable when he talks about how stupid his children are, but I wouldn't say it offends me. I like that he goes places like that, even if it gives me a weird vibe.

Maybe uncomfortable is a better term for me to use than offended. There were a few lines from the last one I saw on Netflix which was put up I think pretty recently. Then again, like you said, I like the directions he goes and how dark his humor is.

I love Louis stand up, hated his HBO show and love his show on FX.

I saw his new HBO special when the first aired it, it's solid. At least his material is, I think the what really hurt it is the 360 degree crowd. That made it very awkward, constant movement and mugging for all side was very off putting and hard to film and edit.

I had to laugh at this because I remember a year or so ago I was talking to my brother about TV shows and I mentioned Louie as an example of some of the best stuff out there right now. He (in his typical douche fashion) said Louie was just "hipster bullshit" and that Lucky Louie was the superior show.

Now to be fair I never watched Lucky Louie, but considering how damn near perfect Louie is I can't imagine he is right.

Last edited:

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
He (in his typical douche fashion) said Louie was just "hipster bullshit" and that Lucky Louie was the superior show.

Either your brother is trolling you, or he has the worst taste imaginable. I downloaded the first (and only) season of Lucky Louie, and I didn't watch more than the first two episodes. Not that it was bad or anything, but it was a very, very stereotypical and predictable sitcom. Louis CK has even said himself that Lucky Louie is a "capable sitcom" (take that for what you will).

Louie is up there with Curb Your Enthusiasm as one of the greatest shows of all time. I'm not sure Lucky Louie is even better than Friends.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
I love lucky louie, it's definitely a straight up stereotypical sitcom but I think that's what makes it so interesting considering all the "mature content" it's like what a normal sitcom would be in a alternate dimension where we are not such pussies.... Louie is still far superior, but I think lucky louie is worth the watch for anyone curious.

louis ck puts bill donahue from the catholic league on blast for his dishonest critique of lucky louie.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I'm kind of indifferent to O&A, but I absolutely love all the shows where Louie is a guest.