Made some candy stools

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Been looking for some stools for my candy cab for a while, I have just been using chairs which work fine. I found these little stools at Ollie's for 5 bucks each (multiple colors) and decided to make cushions for them.

First I had to cut some wood to make a bottom and then some 2 Inch foam padding.

Next you wrap it up in some batting to make the rough edges look better (before I trimmed excess)

Next I got some 100% cotton fabric and used some avery transfer paper to add a graphic. Then wrapped that over the batting and attached it to the stool by pulling some string that is attached to the bottom through the little holes. I havent tested these yet for durability, so that is kinda up in the air, who knows if the graphics will last.

FOMOCO&CO

Belnar Institute Student
20 Year Member
Looks great, beautiful cab too btw...
..and worst care, if terry transfers off on your pants, at least it'll look like hes fisting your anus.

Also, never heard of Ollies, must be eastcoast only?! I could deff use 2 of those, great price at 5.ea

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Looks great, beautiful cab too btw...
..and worst care, if terry transfers off on your pants, at least it'll look like hes fisting your anus.

Also, never heard of Ollies, must be eastcoast only?! I could deff use 2 of those, great price at 5.ea

Lol I washed the fabric so the ink shouldn't come off, not sure it will Crack over time since it transfers over part of the sheet.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Nice work on those man, they look great. Perfect size too. I love Ollie's, never know what you are gonna find there.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
Oh, wow. "Good Stuff Cheap" was the slogan of the Building 19 chain of discount stores in New England. They had a good run, but went bankrupt a couple years ago. I wonder if Ollie's is affiliated or maybe just got their leftover placards...

Either way, nice job on the stools ;)

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Looks great. Can't beat a cheap great looking stool.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Thanks guys I think they came out pretty well, hopefully they last :O

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Cool and resourceful. You could use this same process and upholster it better, not demeaning your work, I think it's neat but I was all up and excited until I saw the end fabric. I would have opted for some nice fabric for the top. Also the Dacron (The white material before the fabric) could have been worked in a little neater so you don't have all that wrinkling going on the sides. Next time cut the wood panel for the bottom just a bit smaller that the padding foam, the results will be better, the harder the foam the better as it will provide a better cushion for your buttocks without landing on the wood panel. Upholstery is cake if you do it a few times, watch some videos to learn how to stretch material with next to no wrinkles.

Great idea, very inspirational.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Yeah I have done a bunch of fabric pulling on square panels to make acoustic panels, and they came out with no creases. The circles were hard as hell, I knew they were going to come out creased but I didnt get too bothered about it :O The fabric itself was chosen based on what would transfer using the print sheets and I didnt want to spend a bunch.