Magfest 12

MrRoboto19XX

Rugal's Thug
Are there any members going to MAGfest next week in DC? I saw a few people had attended a couple years ago and thought I'd check. They usually have a decent arcade setup as well as a few good vendors.

There's usually music and all that as well, but I like it for the general party atmosphere, and (mostly) older crowd.

Fair warning, it can lead to a stressed bank account - last year I spent a good few hours throughout the weekend playing Last Resort on one of the candy cabs they had there, and promptly tracked down a copy of my own. :mr_t:

Phoenix Down

Flagstaff Up,
20 Year Member
I'm actually helping with staffing this year (mostly Panels) so I'll be there the entire convention.

I'll probably be in the arcade area when I'm not volunteering.

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
I will be there buying and selling in the vendor room the entire weekend. I put in 16-20 hour shifts each day so I am pretty much a zombie the entire weekend.

The first Magfest I attended was M4 back in 2006. I think they had a total 3 arcade machines that weekend and only 2 of them were running...They've come a long way since then.

MrRoboto19XX

Rugal's Thug
I will be there buying and selling in the vendor room the entire weekend. I put in 16-20 hour shifts each day so I am pretty much a zombie the entire weekend.

The first Magfest I attended was M4 back in 2006. I think they had a total 3 arcade machines that weekend and only 2 of them were running...They've come a long way since then.

Oh nice, I've purchased from you a few times in the past. In fact, I was just using the Saturn I picked up last year earlier this evening. I think this year I may need to stop by and grow my Saturn shoot em up collection a bit.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I wish that SMB pin was as good as the theme :( I heard there were a few candies and SSF2T as well as a Robotron marathon and Donkey Kong exhibition. Sounds like I should make the trip next year.