Manual baggies

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Educate me.

Are AES all releases on all regions supposed to have manual baggies? US/EURO/JAP, old-style cases, snap-lock cases...?

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
finngamer said:
Educate me.

Are AES all releases on all regions supposed to have manual baggies? US/EURO/JAP, old-style cases, snap-lock cases...?

Yes. Ask Shito for any in depth question you may have about baggies ;) :kekeke:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
From what I understand, yes. I'm almost positive that all games that come in new-style snap-lock cases have them, and I'm pretty sure that clamshell case games did as well.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
Yes. Ask Shito for any in depth question you may have about baggies ;) :kekeke:

Oh my, I may be the baggie guru, but just as for JPN releases. US ones could prolly come with potato chips inside for what I know... :kekeke: :kekeke: :kekeke:

pretas

Marked Wolf
finngamer said:
Educate me.

here's what i know.

latex offers a known level of protection since they've been around forever.

for sensitive people, you can try polyeurothane (sp?), however being much newer they are thought to be safe, though there's not as much data to back that up.

remember both are only effective if used 100% of the time.

hope that helps as this is what i think you were really tring to ask.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Well, for example, do US and JAP versions of SamSho 1 & 2 have manual baggies? (these should be common enough games to verify)

pretas

Marked Wolf
finngamer said:
Well, for example, do US and JAP versions of SamSho 1 & 2 have manual baggies? (these should be common enough games to verify)

see my answer above.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
pretas said:
see my answer above.

???

I don't want to know about them for the sake of protection, but for the sake of completeness.

Tooshort and Galfordo kinda answered me already, but still: SS 1 & 2, US and JAP, baggies or no?

And if, say, SS 1 does have a baggy, is it a different kind of baggy? (as the manual is bigger)

Last edited:

djrconsoles kr1

Astra Superstar
finngamer said:
???

I don't want to know about them for the sake of protection, but for the sake of completeness.

Tooshort and Galfordo kinda answered me already, but still: SS 1 & 2, US and JAP, baggies or no?

And if, say, SS 1 does have a baggy, is it a different kind of baggy? (as the manual is bigger)

I have JP Sam spirts 1 & 2, and I have dog-tag and Euro versions of Sam spirits 2 and all 4 of them have baggies and they are all exactly the same,
hope this helps

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
finngamer said:
Educate me.

Yes, the all have a bag. Size and the type of plastic used depends on release. Which IS to say that there can be -as in fact there is- more than one "style" of bag for both the cart-size and CD-size booklets.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Neo Bomber Man said:
Yes, the all have a bag. Size and the type of plastic used depends on release. Which IS to say that there can be -as in fact there is- more than one "style" of bag for both the cart-size and CD-size booklets.

Thank you.

Yeah, I heard that the large, old style manuals have a bigger baggy.

Robert

20 Year Member
For the euro releases, the original manual (in english) had a bag but the translated manual (in france we had also a low quality made french manual) was directly put by the importer in the the pack.

Hope it helps.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
finngamer said:
Thank you.

Yeah, I heard that the large, old style manuals have a bigger baggy.

They do for obvious reasons. There are at least two types of plastic used in them and I haven't ever cared enough to see if they have different measurements or something. I think only Shito would bother with that. :make_fac:

The CD bags however went from small (regular) up to over-size. You can always tell them apart however from the overall size/shape and where the fold(s) lie.

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
OMG YES...every game comes with a baggie when purchased new. I love these little baggies...so much fun...eh. :emb:

naitram

The Old Man
Yes everything ever has a baggie. That's the point of Neo Geo, and if your game doesn't have a baggy fucking sell it. If you don't care about the baggy, then buy a damn XBOX game, fool. :mr_t:

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Mushiki said:
All my baggies are in the trash.
AArrrraggghhhehhheehha...Noooo!!! Incompleteness gives me a cold shiver!! respect the baggie people...its your emanuels best friend :shame:

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
NEO GOLD said:
AArrrraggghhhehhheehha...Noooo!!! Incompleteness gives me a cold shiver!! respect the baggie people...its your emanuels best friend :shame:

He'll replace the originals with Zip-locks. :p

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
All my baggies are in the trash.

:crying:

Anyway, as for the 'large baggies', yes they came in two different forms in very early NeoGeo days.

The most common type is thin and larger than the actual manual. That's because that's the MVS art set baggie to begin with. :kekeke:

The second one had thicker plastic, and was almost perfectly fitted by the manual.

The CD-sized baggies were basically all the same up to KOF2000, which started the 'double lengh' strain IIRC.

Not to mention SNK occasionally ran out of CD-sized baggies and just used the MVS big ones... :kekeke:

Shall we start talking about seals and different plastic sleeve for the varios boxes, now?

:buttrock:

Last edited:

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
Shito said:

The fun part is that when I threw them all away, I was actually laughing because I knew I would be breaking someone's heart somewhere, hahaha.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
The fun part is that when I threw them all away, I was actually laughing because I knew I would be breaking someone's heart somewhere, hahaha.

Every time a baggie or seal it thrown away, an anal collector's crying... :crying:

Last edited:

Stokers

Geese's Thug
Every time a baggie or seal it thrown away, and anal collector's crying...

Run that by me again? why do you throw them away.

Its worth having them just to keep the books in good condition.

DENIED!