Martial Arts Fans, The new Power Rangers BANGS!

genjuro1

Ninja Combat Warrior
I remember when the Power Rangers first aired in the fall of '92. I liked the first 3 seasons, but after that the quality just kept getting worse, season after season. I had by chance, the oppurtunity to see the first episode of the new season of Power Rangers, called Power Rangers Jungle Fury! And I was blown away by the quality of the show. The fight choreography emulates Hong-Kong Kung-Fu movies. Where as before the fighting was karate based. They even pay homage to classic Kung-fu movies like 5 Deadly Venoms! Where the Rangers had to fight enemies who were almost exactly like the 5 Venoms! I'm addicted to this show like I was Dragonball Z in the late '90's early '00's! (and that's saying somethin). I can't wait for them to collect this season onto DVD. So Check it out Martial Arts fans. They show 2 episodes back to back on 6 (ABC) 12pm-1pm Saturdays. Anybody that's already up on this, I'd like to hear your opinions.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I remember when the Power Rangers first aired in the fall of '92. I liked the first 3 seasons, but after that the quality just kept getting worse, season after season. I had by chance, the oppurtunity to see the first episode of the new season of Power Rangers, called Power Rangers Jungle Fury! And I was blown away by the quality of the show. The fight choreography emulates Hong-Kong Kung-Fu movies. Where as before the fighting was karate based. They even pay homage to classic Kung-fu movies like 5 Deadly Venoms! Where the Rangers had to fight enemies who were almost exactly like the 5 Venoms! I'm addicted to this show like I was Dragonball Z in the late '90's early '00's! (and that's saying somethin). I can't wait for them to collect this season onto DVD. So Check it out Martial Arts fans. They show 2 episodes back to back on 6 (ABC) 12pm-1pm Saturdays. Anybody that's already up on this, I'd like to hear your opinions.

Arn't you too old for this shit...

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I can do everything the power rangers can do and more. I should be the new black ranger.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
Yeah, only the first three or so seasons were good, then the show went to hell in a handbasket. The last good season was the first batch of new blood. I liked the black girl who took over the yellow ranger, and the new red and blue rangers were cool guys.

Every other season after that sucked.

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
Arn't you too old for this shit...
Considering the alternatives on "children's television," I know if I had a son I'd certainly rather he be watching the latest incarnation of Power Rangers than crap like Go, Diego, Go!, The Backyardigans, or LazyTown. I'm not ashamed to admit that I've noticed that the production quality of the Power Rangers shows nowadays is light-years beyond what I grew-up watching on the Mighty Morphin series, and that alone makes the new ones worth a decent chance. They might be "kids shows," but Power Rangers series are practically rated PG-13 compared to what passes for kids shows nowadays.

PS- Power Rangers S.P.D. is still the most interesting series of the lot, due to the science fiction influences it had, unlike the usual fantasy-type enemies.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Considering the alternatives on "children's television," I know if I had a son I'd certainly rather he be watching the latest incarnation of Power Rangers than crap like Go, Diego, Go!, The Backyardigans, or LazyTown. I'm not ashamed to admit that I've noticed that the production quality of the Power Rangers shows nowadays is light-years beyond what I grew-up watching on the Mighty Morphin series, and that alone makes the new ones worth a decent chance. They might be "kids shows," but Power Rangers series are practically rated PG-13 compared to what passes for kids shows nowadays.

Those shows are for much younger kids...

Also, I remember that every episode of the first season power rangers had the same fucking plot..... It was worse than bollywood.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
Man, fuck Power Rangers. Watch the Japanese originals. They are light years better.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Did anybody else think of this video when they saw the title of the thread?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcc8dTqflh8

SHE BANGS!

You know, I've heard of this cat and how terrible he was, etc. but I had never actually seen footage of his performances (always get hyper embarrassed for these idiots). I don't see what all the hype is about - he wasn't any worse than other shitty contestants. I think it's racist asian type of shit that went down on his popularity.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Man I remember when that live action shit started popping up like Power Rangers, etc. It was about as worthless as the CG crap that kids watch today instead of good cartoons that some of us grew up with.

RegalSin

God damn..., what a fucking idiot, , I mean,, how
I think the power rangers came from Kamen Riders or Godzilla police force.

The original series was a policeman type of show not then transforming. This is why I love Japan series. They some how manage to make an entire series out of a street sweeper who takes pride in there job to a officer who gives outs tickets.

Over here in the west the law is laughed at, made fun of, and looked down upon. Even in movies and cartoons the law gets allotta respect.

About PR....gogo oowwarrrdd wwarrsananngerrs dnannanana

goo go power rangaaaaa dnan nda na nmda we are might mophring power Rangerss

Rangasss tooo the max.

Then there was my favorite thing about the original was the line....

Rita Repulsa
HEEEELPPPP MMMMYYY MMOONNSSSSTTEEEERR GRRRRROOOWWWW

The thing about Power Rangers it was great but the people who played the characters take the original Red Ranger was actors not martial artists. So they had to get real martial artists to be the rangers when they go into battle.

However Fox ( or whoever was running things ) got smart and just made the martial artists the stars. This was when the Power Rangers failed. Nobody like the new Rangers and thus the show when over to ABC Disney.

Power Rangers to be hoenst was so boring but now that I am into importing more ( if you get my drift ) it seems so intresting. I miss the original.

I also miss the thing with the Virtual reality and the Hacker and they would go into the Virtual world to fight the virus that eventually sent everybody back into time when all the heroes was killed off.

Then there was the other one the BeattleBorgs with the Ghost house. That was really a port of Kamen Riders. They only added the house and I only began to watch the show when they had the Rinosoraus guy and the Praying MAntis woman. Man oh man I loved when they put on there masks and started to battle.

My question is how many people think these was all from USA still.

Like the live action Guyver. It was okay but compared to the comics...hmm maybe acting was way better in the past.

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
I think the power rangers came from Kamen Riders or Godzilla police force...I love Japan series...in the west the law is laughed at...Even in movies and cartoons the law gets allotta respect...Rangasss tooo the max...Then there was my favorite thing about the original was the line...it was great but the people who played the characters take the original Red Ranger...Fox got smart and just made the martial artists the stars...Nobody like the new Rangers and thus the show when over to ABC Disney...was so boring but now that I am into importing more it seems so intresting. I miss the original...also miss the thing with the Virtual reality and the Hacker...the other one the BeattleBorgs with the Ghost house. That was really a port of Kamen Riders. They only added the house and I only began to watch the show when they had the Rinosoraus guy and the Praying MAntis woman...how many people think these was all from USA still.
86jo4nc.gif

aria

Former Moderator
I was already too old for Power Rangers when they first came around.