Martial Masters Rom Swap Info

masamuneGTO

My Bro Aint HeavyHe's just not Wortha Christmas pr
Does anyone have any experience upgrading a English Martial Masters PGM cart to (104,102,102)? Is it just a simple eprom swap?

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Sorry I can't answer your question but what is this upgrade exactly? I have this cart as well but never heard of any upgrade before.

masamuneGTO

Sorry I can't answer your question but what is this upgrade exactly? I have this cart as well but never heard of any upgrade before.

All I know is it is "the version" to own, based on previous posted threads. Not much information available out there. I think it is just an eprom swap since I remember someone selling a cart here a while back in which the owner had done a swap.

mikey

Marked Wolf
Grab both versions of the rom dumps and compare them in a hex editor. The specific files that have differences are probably the roms you need to swap.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
So does anybody actually know what is upgraded in the game? Is it even worth the effort?

masamuneGTO

So does anybody actually know what is upgraded in the game? Is it even worth the effort?

All I could find out is that there is some slight rebalancing for the characters. Some characters lose some combo chains other gain combos. Probably not worth it. Maybe someone else can chime in who knows the game in and out.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You can probably dual boot it if the rom isn't that big of a size.