MATSU'S EGRET 3 group order chance!

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Most of you know of Matsu as a trustworthy arcade importer located here in southern California. He has asked me to see if anybody would be interested in going in on a group order for Egret 3 machines. The machines will be Brand new, and the price is $4000 each. He says he'll be needing half price as a deposit, and he will need to have 20 units ordered to make the shipment. After the order is placed, he says it will take a total of around 3 months to get to the United states. This is probably the only chance anybody will get at being able to snag an egret 3 directly from the factory. Send Matsu an email at gamemachine2004@hotmail.com to get in on this once in a lifetime opportunity!

If it turns out that he can't get enough people together to place the order, he will return the deposit.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Rating - 100%
247   0   0
stuffmonger said:
Most of you know of Matsu as a trustworthy arcade importer located here in southern California. He has asked me to see if anybody would be interested in going in on a group order for Egret 3 machines. The machines will be Brand new, and the price is $4000 each. He says he'll be needing half price as a deposit, and he will need to have 20 units ordered to make the shipment. After the order is placed, he says it will take a total of around 3 months to get to the United states. This is probably the only chance anybody will get at being able to snag an egret 3 directly from the factory. Send Matsu an email at gamemachine2004@hotmail.com to get in on this once in a lifetime opportunity!

If it turns out that he can't get enough people together to place the order, he will return the deposit.

stuffmonger,

I am aware that Matsu has had several positive sales with people from this website ..BUT.. he really needs to advertise his own sales. I know you and Tom help him out all the time but the rules state that Matsu should be the actual person posting these sale threads with his location and everything listed. The first time something goes wrong it's going to cause a huge problem.... especially since he doesnt post here at all. Since he is making alot of money off of these sales he should at least become a member and post his own threads.

When Jorge was displeased about his sale I noticed EVERYONE except Matsu replied in that thread. Sorry if this is messing up some form if kickback you may be getting .. but Matsu shouldnt get any special treatment when it comes to the selling forum rules. Not to mention if he was to just one day up and disappear with peoples money, you aren't going to be the one to volunteer to pay back any debt owed to members. I'm definitely not saying he is going to rip anyone off ..BUT .. we have seen members change in the past ... and he's not even a participating member of the site so it would be easier for him to one day just take the money and run.

Phillip

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
465   0   0
Correct me if I am wrong, but Matsu doesn't speak very good English at all. I am pretty sure that is why he has other members post his deals for him.

I remember that one thread Matsu tried to make a few months back and the details were sparse, and he didn't even state who he was. I think there is just some communication issues (due to language barrier) that Matsu is trying to avoid.

If I was in his situation I would gladly give a kickback to some English speaking friends of mine to take care of the sale, just as many of us pay people in Japan to negotiate purchases for us.

Again, I might be wrong about all of this - just my impression from what I have seen. Just my 2¢ :)

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Rating - 100%
247   0   0
dubdubdub said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but Matsu doesn't speak very good English at all. I am pretty sure that is why he has other members post his deals for him.

I remember that one thread Matsu tried to make a few months back and the details were sparse, and he didn't even state who he was. I think there is just some communication issues (due to language barrier) that Matsu is trying to avoid.

If I was in his situation I would gladly give a kickback to some English speaking friends of mine to take care of the sale, just as many of us pay people in Japan to negotiate purchases for us.

Again, I might be wrong about all of this - just my impression from what I have seen. Just my 2¢ :)

dub,

I understand where you're coming from ...it's just that with something as big as a bulk order ... requiring at least 20 people ... to put down $2000 USD each ... something of this scale should be handled by the seller himself. I mean for $40,000 USD up front he should be posting this himself per market forum rules.

Phillip

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I will try to talk to Matsu about at least showing an appearance in here. Dub's statement is true. Matsu told me, in fact that the little paragraph I wrote in the first post would have taken him a couple of hours to write, whereas it only takes me 10 minutes or so. For general knowledge's sake, I don't get a kickback out of these deals. I post exactly the amounts that he gives to me. Matsu's a cool guy and a good friend. I'm happy to do things like post for him. I know Tom and I have both asked Matsu to join the forum, but he said he couldn't understand what people where saying alot of the time because of slang useage, and english being his third or fourth language. Perhaps I can convince Matsu to join the forum, then when he wants to sell something, I can write it for him and IM it to him for him to post. Would that be a problem for you Phil?

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Very good post. This has been getting on my nerve for a while. I like Droid
a lot, so I reserved my comments for a while. I think it is better to let
Matsu do his own sales thread. Even if it takes him hours, this is his business,
and like Phil said, even if you're getting a kickback please stop. This is a
violation of the market place's rules, of course there's no mod to enforce them,
but I guess they were put in place for something no?

Bulletnyourass said:
stuffmonger,

I am aware that Matsu has had several positive sales with people from this website ..BUT.. he really needs to advertise his own sales. I know you and Tom help him out all the time but the rules state that Matsu should be the actual person posting these sale threads with his location and everything listed. The first time something goes wrong it's going to cause a huge problem.... especially since he doesnt post here at all. Since he is making alot of money off of these sales he should at least become a member and post his own threads.

When Jorge was displeased about his sale I noticed EVERYONE except Matsu replied in that thread. Sorry if this is messing up some form if kickback you may be getting .. but Matsu shouldnt get any special treatment when it comes to the selling forum rules. Not to mention if he was to just one day up and disappear with peoples money, you aren't going to be the one to volunteer to pay back any debt owed to members. I'm definitely not saying he is going to rip anyone off ..BUT .. we have seen members change in the past ... and he's not even a participating member of the site so it would be easier for him to one day just take the money and run.

Phillip

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
465   0   0
Whatever is decided on, let's try not to discourage Matsu from doing business on these forums.

Many many many members here have gotten their candies from Matsu. As far as I know, he is the ONLY reliable source for this stuff in the states.

I for one have no problem with him using an english native messenger. Not that I am buying an Egret 3 (wish like hell i could), but I really would rather turn $2000 over to someone I could communicate with easily.

This is all really no different than using a mediator on first time deals i.e. someone with 0 post count selling a mint Slug 1. It's always encouraged in that situation to get a 3rd party involved to make sure things go smoothly, not sure why its frowned upon here.

Until a moderator starts actually enforcing said selling forum rules, they really don't mean shit to any of us.

Sorry about all the thread derailment stuffmonger. I hope Matsu's preorder goes well. Some very lucky people to be able to get a cab brand new like this.

Last edited:

BIG

sony fanboy
Rating - 100%
209   0   0
Matsu is a great seller and a very good friend of mine. I can attest to the quality of his products and his willingness to go the extra mile for his customers.

However,since there are rules against selling products other than your own,you are putting yourself in the direct line of fire. Instead of making an 'actual' sales thread,why not just make an 'announcement' in the arcade section?

Contrary to what some of you have mentioned,his english-speaking skills,while not the greatest,are totally fine. My advice is to speak to him over the phone. You can contact him via email and ask him for a direct line.

B-

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
NeoCverA said:
Uhh, yeah. 4000??? :spock:
Pretty much anything factory-direct in the arcade world will cost a few grand. plus, that's including shipping from japan to cali.

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Hmmm.. this is the first I've heard about the Egret3 group order. But I'd be tempted to counsel Matsu to think long and hard about this one, just because I'd hate to see him get stuck with such a large investment in case people flaked. The Egret 3's are nice but $4K is a bit much for a cab imho unless ya got money to burn. Considering the price tag, I have doubts whether this will fly.

As far as kickbacks go, I don't get any monetary compensation from Matsu. I just do it for the sex favors :make_fac: Matsu did order and repair my atomiswave SD monitor chassis, but I gave him my neo19 to sell in return. I do it because I consider matsu a friend and I think it provides a small service to the community (here and at shmups.com) to point people in the direction of a reliable candy cab seller. I also serve as a middle man of sorts to help interested buyers communicate their needs as well as get in contact with Matsu if he is slow to respond to his emails. Again, none of this involves any compensation.

The transaction that went bad between SNKJorge and Matsu was unfortunate and out of the norm. I dunno the exact details other than it involved some kind of miscommunication for the monitor rotation + some kick harness. Its probably abit easier for me to say since I wasn't the one that was affected, but its too bad there are some hard feelings remaining because I know Matsu's a cool guy and although I havent met SNKJorge in person yet, he seems like a very cool person as well. Either way, we gotta get SNKJorge down here somehow for our next socal neo hookup :)

If the SNKJorge deal was the norm for Matsu, I wouldn't try to increase his contacts for sales. As Stuff pointed out, Matsu isn't confident enough with his engrish to post here. I saw him post a selling a couple months back and it didnt make much sense.

Droid

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Rating - 100%
247   0   0
stuffmonger said:
I will try to talk to Matsu about at least showing an appearance in here. Dub's statement is true. Matsu told me, in fact that the little paragraph I wrote in the first post would have taken him a couple of hours to write, whereas it only takes me 10 minutes or so. For general knowledge's sake, I don't get a kickback out of these deals. I post exactly the amounts that he gives to me. Matsu's a cool guy and a good friend. I'm happy to do things like post for him. I know Tom and I have both asked Matsu to join the forum, but he said he couldn't understand what people where saying alot of the time because of slang useage, and english being his third or fourth language. Perhaps I can convince Matsu to join the forum, then when he wants to sell something, I can write it for him and IM it to him for him to post. Would that be a problem for you Phil?

Stuff,

I dont have a problem with that. I'm just saying that I would hate to see something go wrong and you or anyone else that advertises for him be left as the fall guy. I normally dont bother as I have seen these threads posted before.... but I felt that with the amount of money that this would be involving that he should be posting this himself. If something was to go wrong, you know how ugly things can get around here... and you know the accusations would start flying.

Phillip

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I've bought a cab from Matsu before and he seemed like a pretty cool guy. He also attended a few of the local meet ups. I agree that he should post here, but he's not a scammer.

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I gotta get me another cab from Matsu. I actually want to meet him personally. I feel like those cabs he has aren't going to be there forever... Gotta get 'em before they're gone for good!

Tango

Tung's Hair Stylist
Rating - 97.7%
85   2   0
i dont want to confuse the real issue here; I dont think its about wether or not Matsu is a trust worthy guy or not. I will add though that I have bought two cabinets from him and both times I have been extremely pleased not only with his professionalism but also with the awesome product he is selling. I can understand though how giving someone you have never had any dealings with directly 2000.00 would be a little intimidating and worrisome. If anyone is on the fence about it though, Matsu is a great seller and I have and would continue to recommend him to anyone wanting a candy cab. All that said, it would be nice to see him around here as he is something of a local celebrity among these forums.

Rating - 100%
12   0   1
I feel something coming with that kind of a price tag, some more details could be given.

I already know the Egret 3 does not have the easy rotation feature that the earlier Egrets have, but I'm also wondering what is the current monitor and chassis implemented into these? I have heard some sets containing both a Toshiba monitor and chassis, but I'd feel it'd be a bit of a let-down if its something like a Wei-ya chassis or something else.

Rating - 100%
12   0   1

Piratero

Street Hoop Star
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
What would be the on-going price on used Egret III cabinets?

Edit: I didn't realize until till now. :lol:

Last edited:

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
Rating - 100%
30   0   0

BIG

sony fanboy
Rating - 100%
209   0   0

billd420

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Egret 3's rotate, but dont' have the rotation motor mechanism like Egret 2's.

-B

BIG

sony fanboy
Rating - 100%
209   0   0
billd420 said:
Egret 3's rotate, but dont' have the rotation motor mechanism like Egret 2's.

-B

Taken from another forum.

WaQs said:
WaQs - July 24, 2006 04:33 PM (GMT)
Oh and the rotating mech in the egret3 is the same as the one in the egret2 I've never really been into schmups but that may change.

This was also mentioned over at Arcaderick's site before it went offline.

B-

luke2fr

n00b
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The E3 doesn't have any rotation mechanism.
A friend has one and we have rotated his monitor together.
So like the astro city, you can rotate it... just need a few more minutes than on the E2.