Mega Drive games that are better versions of their Sega Genesis counterparts

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
What are some good Mega Drive games or Mega Drive games that are better than their Sega Genesis counterparts as far as graphics, music, features, levels, characters, etc, or have major differences?

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Japanese version of (contra hard corps) comes to mind for me.The characters have a energy meter plus a code can be put in,for extra lives.

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
Bare Knuckle 3 over streets of rage 3. So much was cut out of the genesis version.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Bare Knuckle 3 over streets of rage 3. So much was cut out of the genesis version.

The Ash character is ridiculous and unnecessary. But the difficulty of SOR3 compared to BK3 is insane. Maybe I beat it when I was younger, but even then I forget if it was the good ending.

And about Contra Hard Corps.
The Japanese version isn't better,
it's just easier.

Konami USA made the right choice taking the lifebars out.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Sonic the Hedgehog on JPN Megadrive has better water effects on the Labyrinth zone.

And I have always preferred Magical Flying Turbo Hat Adventure compared to Decap attack (complete graphically change)

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Not sure if this applied to all regional releases of this game, but the original run/version of The Super Shinobi contained the likes of Godzilla, Batman etc (plus more) of which, due to copyright, all were edited in later, more common revisions.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Bare Knuckle 3 is quite a bit more fair than SoR3.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The only good thing japan Contra : The soft corps has going for it is the artwork.
That's not to say I can't enjoy some North American Konami artwork every now and then.

I don't think BKIII is superior to SOR3. Just like MD hard corps, it's too easy. Plus, I like Axel's ugly yellow shirt and black jeans in SOR3.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
And about Contra Hard Corps.
The Japanese version isn't better,
it's just easier.

Konami USA made the right choice taking the lifebars out.

Too bad they forgot to take out the checkpoint system, too.