Metal Gear HD Collection PSVita

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Just bought this last Sunday. It's really strange to be playing Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 on a portable system. I felt the same way when the PSOne classics were released for PSP and I could play MGS1 and FF7.

They went a bit overboard with the touch mechanics and there is not way to assign item switching to the L and R buttons or the d pad. I really wish there were more control options, no reason not to do it except they want to force you to touch the screen.

I didn't get the 3DS Snake Eater, but it looked kind of cool when it came out. Would be interesting to compare the two.

I'm hoping Sony can get a move on the PSOne games on Vita so I can have an excuse to play through Metal Gear Solid 1 again.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
i refuse to buy the same game 3 times, thats the only thing that burns me about these rereleases, that being said, i do want to play snake eater again...

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
Already own the collection on console, so no reason for me to double-dip on the Vita release. Especially since the Vita one doesn't include Peacewalker HD, the most portable-friendly MGS game. They really should have included it. Maybe space was an issue or something.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Already own the collection on console, so no reason for me to double-dip on the Vita release. Especially since the Vita one doesn't include Peacewalker HD, the most portable-friendly MGS game. They really should have included it. Maybe space was an issue or something.

I think they wanted people to buy the PSP version on the PSN store. They may rerelease it later with more online support or something.

I'll have to get the PS3 collection just to play Peace Walker. I really wasn't into the other PSP games, but people keep recommending it.

I just hope this doesn't make me play MGS4 again. I don't know if I could sit through those cut scenes again. The game was great, at least this time I'll know to cook some popcorn and treat it like watching a movie.