Metal Slug 1 MVS - Click Sound in "Standard Gun"

neoVita

n00b
Is there a person who owns a analogue interactive cmvs? does the owner noticed a click sound in metal slug 1 when you fire the standard gun. the click sound is in the original mvs catridge and in the 161in1. when you compare it to emulation you do not hear the click. does i come from the modified MV-1C board? Maybe the volume is too loud. When something is too loud then the sound is clipping which makes the click when you fire the gun. I do not know it. Maybe someone knows more.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Is there a person who owns a analogue interactive cmvs? does the owner noticed a click sound in metal slug 1 when you fire the standard gun. the click sound is in the original mvs catridge and in the 161in1. when you compare it to emulation you do not hear the click. does i come from the modified MV-1C board? Maybe the volume is too loud. When something is too loud then the sound is clipping which makes the click when you fire the gun. I do not know it. Maybe someone knows more.

Have you tried your original cart on a different MVS board?

neoVita

n00b
Sadly I can not try it. I do have only one machine and my friends do not share my "Neo-Geo" Hobby.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Sadly I can not try it. I do have only one machine and my friends do not share my "Neo-Geo" Hobby.

Hmm...the multicarts are notorious for having sound issues, so the game sounding weird there proves nothing. Try to get a second board somewhere...maybe a local shop or something and get your cart there to try it. Or buy another 1-slot MVS board, yu can never have too many of them ,LOL

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Is there a volume pot on the analogue cmvs? Sounds like clipping to me.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Is there a volume pot on the analogue cmvs? Sounds like clipping to me.

It's line level audio direct from the chip. I can say that the audio on Metal Slug is really damn loud compared to other Neo games, now that I think about it, both Nazca games are very loud.