Metal slug 4 + MV-1F sound problem

MuKuro

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
I have one MV-1F with UNI BIOS 2.0 and in stereo mode but my Metal slug 4 cart original get no sound after about 10-15 minutes during gameplay.
Anyone have a dvice? really all others games works good on this Motherboard.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
MuKuro said:
I have one MV-1F with UNI BIOS 2.0 and in stereo mode but my Metal slug 4 cart original get no sound after about 10-15 minutes during gameplay.

Open the cart and give it's connectors a good cleaning..

http://www.hardmvs.com/html/projects.htm

MuKuro

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
Thanks for your advice, I have cleaned all connectors but the problem is still not solved.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
MuKuro said:
Thanks for your advice, I have cleaned all connectors but the problem is still not solved.

So this is the only game that the sound goes out on.....

Curious..How's the carts connectors look..?
Yellowish or shiny..?

I use very fine sand paper on "each" connector..then contact cleaner to clean off the residue-dirt...tedious job but it really makes a difference..

I also use (dry) Green Scotch Brite..

I can't get my carts connectors shiny by only using contact cleaner..

I also use..the fine side of a cardboard nail file to clean the motherboards connectors..((tedious job but it really makes a difference))

Might be a failing power supply but your other carts work....

Could it be a bootleg cart..?
Could you post pics of the boards.....What color is the case and label..
And window chips on the boards(EPROMS)..ans shoddy soldering on the botton side of the chips..........see any wires..?

MuKuro

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
the cart is original and comes with a brand new kit. Really I have still not figured out how to solve this problem.

Freelancer

Banned
MuKuro said:

Very odd.
I have the exact same setup as you. Try playing the game in mono mode and see if the problem persists.

As was mentioned prior, I'd suggest cleaning the cart and the MV-1F's connectors. Also, you may want to try unplugging and replugging the Jamma connector to your board. Barring that, check your wiring and make sure nothing's loose.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
MuKuro......

Have you ever taken a Voltage reading..Do you have a Digi-Meter/Voltage tester.

You may need to see if the +5V is a bit to low..

Does the sound in this cart always go out at the same point in the game...?
Are you getting to a Specific point in the game then losing sound..

During gameplay when the sound goes out...does it make any cracking noise or..?just goes out.

What happens if you let the game run through the demo several times..Does the sound go out..?(with demo sound on)

Clean the Jamma harness............ and Edge connector on the Mother board.
(Same methods I use)

Try Clearing the Back-up memory on the board..

What setting to you have the UNI BIOS 2.0 in when this happins?.....US Arcade etc..

MuKuro

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
I hva e tested my power supply on my Neo Candi 29 cabinet and it is ok.

The strannge thing is that the game work perfect during the demo, the sound don not goes out during demo.

The sound go out during gameplay and not always at same point, sometimes it goes out in 2nd stage sometimes in 3rd stage...also after some minutes without sound I get strange noise rumor from the speakers.

I think that I have a foult cart.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
MuKuro said:
I hva e tested my power supply on my Neo Candi 29 cabinet and it is ok.

The strannge thing is that the game work perfect during the demo, the sound don not goes out during demo.

The sound go out during gameplay and not always at same point, sometimes it goes out in 2nd stage sometimes in 3rd stage...also after some minutes without sound I get strange noise rumor from the speakers.

I think that I have a foult cart.

It could be a faulty cart but I'd say have it tested first..in another machine or ............by someone else,that may have a cab near you etc..

I'm thinking it's a connection issue...Maybe the connector prongs in the mother board are a bit worn..

Try pulling the cart out of the motherboard slightlt(having it not pressed all the way in..)then try it..
My last resorts with problematic carts are removing the boards out of the case and inserting them in the motherboard watching the connection the MBs prongs make with the cart connectors.
But you have to make sure they are put it the motherboards slots the same way as if they were still in it's cart casing....(also making sure they don't touch each other or not to touch them while the cab is on..

Curious..When you shake the cart does the boards wobble..?

MuKuro

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
I have also one BRAND NEW MV-1T motherboard I think that its the last one brand new in all over the world...I will test the cart with this motherboard and I will let you know.
Thank you very very much for all advices!

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
MuKuro said:
I have also one BRAND NEW MV-1T motherboard I think that its the last one brand new in all over the world...I will test the cart with this motherboard and I will let you know.
Thank you very very much for all advices!

Your welcome.....

Anytime.....

MuKuro

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
I have tested metal slug 4 cart on my new MV-1T motherboard and it work perfect then the cart its ok.

Ther's some sort of problem in MV-1F motherboard, this problem appear only with Metal Salug 4, very strange.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
MuKuro said:
I have tested metal slug 4 cart on my new MV-1T motherboard and it work perfect then the cart its ok.

Ther's some sort of problem in MV-1F motherboard, this problem appear only with Metal Salug 4, very strange.

What UNI BIOS chip does the new MV-1T motherboard have in it..?...

If it's the standard Bios chip them maybe..:

It may be a BIOS Chip Issue with the UNI BIOS 2.0 in the MV-1F..(something I know nothing about)
Do you have the Original Bios Chip from the MV-1F?
If you do try have the Original Bios Chip from the MV-1F try re-installing it then try the MS-4..

Or take the Bios chip from the MV-1T motherboard and try it in the MV-1F with MS-4..

What's a MV-1T ..look like..I can't find that one on Briggs site below..
http://www.hardmvs.com/html/PCBcompare.htm

MuKuro

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
About Motherboard MV-1T
MV-1T=MV-1; its jamma, stereo sound, it's ready for card reader pcb and also it's lager than MV-1F

About bios:
I have one UNI BIOS 2.0 on MV-1F;

I have USA Bios on MV-1 (bios labeled SP-U2);

I will test the Unibios 2.0 with MSLug 4 cart on MV-1 motherboard and I will let you know.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
MuKuro said:
About Motherboard MV-1T
MV-1T=MV-1; its jamma, stereo sound, it's ready for card reader pcb and also it's lager than MV-1F

About bios:
I have one UNI BIOS 2.0 on MV-1F;

I have USA Bios on MV-1 (bios labeled SP-U2);

I will test the Unibios 2.0 with MSLug 4 cart on MV-1 motherboard and I will let you know.

Oh ok..Yea,I have that board myself..MV-1

MV-13sm.jpg

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I would ebe very surprised if this is a Universe Bios issue as no one else has reported it thus far.

Raz

MuKuro

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
Raz you have no surprise bacause your bios work perfect, I have tested metal slug 4 cart on MV-1 MB with unibios 2.0 and works ok.

I have some problem in MV-1F motherboard, I will check all connector and componets on pcb. Really its very strange that MV-1F have this sound issue with Metal Slug 4 only by-the-way I will make a more accurate check on the pcb.