Metal Slug left side screen glitch in demo mode on a CMVS 2 Slot

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
Just got my hands on a CMVS 2 slots. This is my first MVS with more than 1 slot, so I’m not super familiar if there’s known issue with some games. I noticed the following glitch on the left side of the screen when I let Metal Slug run into the demo mode.

- Issue only occurs when the demo starts. If I don’t let the demo run, there’s no glitch (even if I play till the Mission in the demo). If I wait to insert a credit when the glitch is on screen, it will remain present when I get into gameplay.
- I cleaned the cart with alcohol 99% and compressed air. Also cleaned with the 2 slots with compressed air. Didn’t changed a thing.
- Cart works fine in my Omega and on my MV1C hooked up to my cab.
- Occurs when the cart is in slot 1 or 2. Tried with just Metal Slug by itself as well.
- I cleared the backup ram. Didn’t do anything.
- Tested Metal Slug that’s on the 120in1 and the 161in1. Both display the same issue.
- Tested a bunch of games (some in game, a lot I just let the demo run) and didn't notice anything like this.
- Since it has a Unibios (3.0), I also tried in different region as well as in home mode.

Anyone else seen something like this or would know what causes it?

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
off top of me head > isn't what they are seeing here past the edge of the screen area that is normally displayed on a crt (overscan) ... ?

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
off top of me head > isn't what they are seeing here past the edge of the screen area that is normally displayed on a crt (overscan) ... ?

I guess it's not impossible, but wouldn't explain why my omega doesn't have that when hooked up to the same TV, or why it works fine until the demo starts.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Usually the unseen part will look like black bars and leaving 2 squares sticking out on the top and bottom. This looks like something else is wrong with the 2 slot. Maybe some corrosion in the slots/traces/vias.