MGS Peace Walker just went from awsome to fucking awsome.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member

As an old school Metal Gear fan, I wish I could carry this sentiment. But to me, Snake and the whole I.P. have gone batshit insane. Kojima is dead to me. But carry on and enjoy, I just personally lost interest after Snake Eater and still haven't played "Guns of the Patriots" for more than 2 hours at a friend's house and didn't care for that either. Him fighting Dinosaurs to me is just stupid.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
As an old school Metal Gear fan, I wish I could carry this sentiment. But to me, Snake and the whole I.P. have gone batshit insane. Kojima is dead to me. But carry on and enjoy, I just personally lost interest after Snake Eater and still haven't played "Guns of the Patriots" for more than 2 hours at a friend's house and didn't care for that either. Him fighting Dinosaurs to me is just stupid.

It's a side mini game for laughs. Or did you hate 2 and 3 for having Snake vs. Monkey modes?

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
How did they push the psp so far? Wish I could play this on ps3 somehow:-( is there a decent psp emu out?

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
It's a side mini game for laughs. Or did you hate 2 and 3 for having Snake vs. Monkey modes?

Yep. I had nothing against either game (well I seriously didn't care for how long MGS 2 was without play time), but this shit with Snake being a Skater or him going after monkeys just made me want to throw Kojima out of a C-130 over Somalia or something. I guess as I got older I just didn't care for crap like this.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
That's ridiculous.

Kojima should make a new PS3 sneaking game.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Yep. I had nothing against either game (well I seriously didn't care for how long MGS 2 was without play time), but this shit with Snake being a Skater or him going after monkeys just made me want to throw Kojima out of a C-130 over Somalia or something. I guess as I got older I just didn't care for crap like this.

Kojima just doesnt take himself or his (already pretty fucking goofy) creation as seriously as you do. Dunno.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Kojima just doesnt take himself or his (already pretty fucking goofy) creation as seriously as you do. Dunno.

I still think MGS2 sucks.

MGS3 was wicked awesome though. And MGS4 was a lot of fun.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
I dont think 2 sucks, but its too long and the second half all looked pretty much the same.

Complaining about a monster hunter themed side mini game in a series with psychics, vampires, decoy octopus, zombie personality hands, wasp people, ghosts, etc.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I dont think 2 sucks, but its too long and the second half all looked pretty much the same.

Complaining about a monster hunter themed side mini game in a series with psychics, vampires, decoy octopus, zombie personality hands, wasp people, ghosts, etc.

The MGS series is finished from a story perspective. I have no problem with this ridiculous mini-game. Looks fun. I wish they'd release that shit on 'DAT TRIPLE instead 'dat stupid handheld though.

The gameplay in MGS2 was fine. I just didn't care for the story so much, or at least how it was presented. Also, Raiden is a douche, except in MGS4 he is pretty koll.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
The MGS series is finished from a story perspective. I have no problem with this ridiculous mini-game. Looks fun. I wish they'd release that shit on 'DAT TRIPLE instead 'dat stupid handheld though.

The gameplay in MGS2 was fine. I just didn't care for the story so much, or at least how it was presented. Also, Raiden is a douche, except in MGS4 he is pretty koll.

They should really barebones port MG and MG2 over to the MGS3:S engine quickly and do a 2 pack for the PS3 or PS2. Get the whole series up to date.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member

I understand this. But even with the fantastical bad guys from the very first MSX (or NES version to a lesser degree) games right through MGS #1 on Playstation... It held my interest. I allowed for stuff like Vulcan Raven needing to be hit with 12 missiles to kill him (iirc), but saw the overall story as something "plausible" and food for thought about mankind and where we are and where we are going. With Part II it got stupid. I'm sorry I didn't care for Vamp and Fortune and all that. It was really going into left field. I felt that Snake Eater (minus the Hornet Boss/1st Boss) was somewhat probable for an alternate 1965. At that time we were at full steam in the Cold War always innovating things, technology and more. It's highly possible some radical shit came out in prototype forms that never became standard. It lent itself well to the Black Ops guy in a Black War against friends and foes and stuff the world would never be none the wiser about (except playing the game).

Then MGS 4 comes out, and I love the story behind it, but it just IMO, took MGS 2's convolution to the 9th power to the point, I just didn't care anymore. When I see the mini games it's like? "Alright I guess." Kojima is cool as fuck, but would it kill him to make things SERIOUS? Snatcher though being a rip off of several Cyberpunk elements was dark as fuck and serious. What happened to that Kojima I wonder?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
They should really barebones port MG and MG2 over to the MGS3:S engine quickly and do a 2 pack for the PS3 or PS2. Get the whole series up to date.

I beat the original MGS3 not the MGS3:S versions. From what I understand that really helped the game. A lot of the fixed camera angles in that game were really awkward.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
I turned off the free camera imediately in Subsistence. It's about as game breaking as FPS mode is in Twin Snakes.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's not like if Kojima's never been high on Acid before. What's wrong with a little mixup?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I wouldn't mind a metal gear side game where your goal is to munch as many shrooms as possible and run like crazy through each map in a psychedelic haze.