MN members: Announcing the summer 2004 Neo Get together!!!

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I agree - more games need to have been played - ESPECIALLY THOSE 4PL PARTY GAMES!!! Fuck all the shooters and fighters!!!
And what ever happened to the league bowling link-up?!

Too bad I wasn't really in the mood to game that night :(

That dip was the BOMB-DIGGITY! The only way it could have been better is with salsa, nacho cheese, and guacomole mixed in!!

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
Spike said:
I would have played more games if I wasn't so exteremly drunk. :oh_no:

Mwwwaahhhhahahahahahahahaha :D

I was proud of ya spike you did good.

Was a little disappointed there was no Garou, but still had a great time.

dj

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I had a good time. Great getting to know some of you. Sorry I missed you Spike ;) Can't wait till the next one, hopefully I will get to have more time at it than I did this one.

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Ahhh!!!! Another great gathering indeed! Got to play plenty O' The Beat em Up's, met some great new people, and as always, eat groovy food! S. Short Skank and I even plummed TMNT together (we should have it at the wedding)! Glad to see all the old-schoolers, and had a blast talking with the new faces!

Thanks to everyone who brought food (and picked some up), and thanks to Pink Shoes and S. Short Skank for making some tasy, tasty dises, pies, snacks and dips!

I hope to see everyone again at the December gathering! Good stuff folks! :D :D :D

LIVINGWONDER

Cheng's Errand Boy
Out of curiousity, did Bobak make it? I thought he was supposed to come. It's just that he hasn't posted on this thread for a while; his last post was like a few pages back.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
LIVINGWONDER said:
Out of curiousity, did Bobak make it? I thought he was supposed to come. It's just that he hasn't posted on this thread for a while; his last post was like a few pages back.

He was out of town.

Evendro said:
I think there were more than 5 people other than the 3 folks I was with, why are more games not being played :-(

:spock:

Evendro, I don't know what you're talkin' about. There was a good variety of games being played.

Twinkle Star Sprites
Magical Drop 3
Fight Night
NBA Street Vol. 2
Shikigami No Shiro II
...are the only games I wanted to play and I got very good comp.

There's a couple dozen other games being I didn't get to because I was deep into those I mentioned above. If there was something you wanted to play, you should've spoken up.

Evendro said:
I got to play one new person in SC2.
I got to play one new person in SC1.
I got to play . . . maybe 3 new people in GGXX #R (which screwed my favorite characters playstyle, peh)

Sorry, most of the MN Neo clique are shooter, RPG and/or Neo Geo-only fighter players. The exceptions being...Verbatum = GG lovah, Ramad = SC lovah, MedicineHorse = 3s lovah and Ryu1972 = MK lovah. If you want more SC or GG comp then go check their message boards. And don't make excuses if your GG skills are not up to par with the most recent version of the game, whine tit.

Anyway, I thought the overall experience was very groovy! Good comp, good food, good friends = good times. It was awesome that MedicineHorse and Grinwing made it out (Mike, I'm sorry I didn't get to play you in some Garou, next time I hope). Glenn's daughter schooling a drunk djdelly in NBA Street Vol. 2 was pure comedy gold. The yelling and hollering was mint and gave the room a great arcade vibe. All I have left to say is...I look forward to december folks.

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Magician said:
He was out of town.

:spock:

Evendro, I don't know what you're talkin' about. There was a good variety of games being played.

Twinkle Star Sprites
Magical Drop 3
Fight Night
NBA Street Vol. 2
Shikigami No Shiro II
...are the only games I wanted to play and I got very good comp.

There's a couple dozen other games being I didn't get to because I was deep into those I mentioned above. If there was something you wanted to play, you should've spoken up.

Sorry, most of the MN Neo clique are shooter, RPG and/or Neo Geo-only fighter players. The exceptions being...Verbatum = GG lovah, Ramad = SC lovah, MedicineHorse = 3s lovah and Ryu1972 = MK lovah. If you want more SC or GG comp then go check their message boards. And don't make excuses if your GG skills are not up to par with the most recent version of the game, whine tit.

Anyway, I thought the overall experience was very groovy! Good comp, good food, good friends = good times. It was awesome that MedicineHorse and Grinwing made it out (Mike, I'm sorry I didn't get to play you in some Garou, next time I hope). Glenn's daughter schooling a drunk djdelly in NBA Street Vol. 2 was pure comedy gold. The yelling and hollering was mint and gave the room a great arcade vibe. All I have left to say is...I look forward to december folks.

Ya know, I played more games at this one than ususal. I got in some:

Guilty Gear

GGXX #Reload: Robo KY

TMNT: ROTS

TMNT: Game cube

Eliminate down

Cap. Commando

Castlevania

Last Blade 2

KOF 2002

Metal Slug

DoDonPachi

Cho Aniki

Golden Axe Sega Ages

Final Fight 2

Final Fight tough

Bare Knuckle 2

Ninja gaiden

SF Zero 3

Riddick

Got my beat em' ups in, and had a great time watching others! Only wish I got some good Shin Samurai Spirits in, but hey, next time will be sooner than we think! :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

djdelly

Teh Mizzle
Magician said:
Glenn's daughter schooling a drunk djdelly in NBA Street Vol. 2 was pure comedy gold. QUOTE]

Hey now, I was playing against an 8 year old girl and you think I am going to slaughter her like you slaughtered me?
Not to mention SHE ONLY WON ONE GAME. The best part was when she was telling me how to drink my drink.

Last edited:

Magician

20 Year Member
djdelly said:
The best part was when see was telling me how to drink my drink.

I know, that was funny stuff.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who took time to come out to the gathering. It was great to see you all again, and meet a few new people.

Thank you to everyone who brought TVs and games. Extra special thanks to those who came back on Sunday to help clean, move furniture, etc... couldn't have done it without you guys.

I have to say, I loved the setup this time. It really felt like old times at the arcade with all the TVs gathered in the middle. The arcade screams were a plenty at this get together. :D

I have just one gripe (and yeah, I know many of you have already heard this) but man... we need more Neo Geo at the Neo Gathering. Now you all know I could give two shits or a fuck about people bringing countless other games and systems besides the Neo, but when there is a meager two Neo Geo's, and one of them is broken... that just doesn't cut it. We couldn't even play League Bowling link up if we had wanted to. So, what I'm asking of all of you, is next time bring your Neo Games (NOT THE FREAKIN' ROMS... even though I did enjoy plenty of TSS), bring your home systems, hell if your feeling ambitious bring your cabs... but there has to be more Neo Geo at the Neo Gathering. We are all collectors to some extent, whether some of us want to admit it or not. We all know what the games are worth and how to take good care of them. OK... my ranting is done. :D

See you guys at the next get together... or likely before then.

Criterionradiohead ;)

djdelly said:
Magician said:
Glenn's daughter schooling a drunk djdelly in NBA Street Vol. 2 was pure comedy gold. QUOTE]

Hey now, I was playing against an 8 year old girl and you think I am going to slaughter her like you slaughtered me?
Not to mention SHE ONLY WON ONE GAME. The best part was when she was telling me how to drink my drink.

Oh yeah, how could I forget the pasty white guy to the rescue!!! Thanks to Delly for being mildly drunk and twisitng Bilal's nuts off... all 4 of them! Wow, what a guy.

I'll let everyone figure this out on their own.

Criterionradiohead ;)

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I pretty much arrived just before the nut twistin'. Thanks definitely go out to Criterion for hosting this bash and I will definitely try to make the next one in Dec. I don't have a NGH, but I should have a supergun built by then and can bring the Hyper64 and a 1 slot MVS next time around.

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
Grinwing said:
I pretty much arrived just before the nut twistin'. Thanks definitely go out to Criterion for hosting this bash and I will definitely try to make the next one in Dec. I don't have a NGH, but I should have a supergun built by then and can bring the Hyper64 and a 1 slot MVS next time around.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot that I got to the Play the Hyper games too!

Man lots of stuff! Glad you dig your Hyper man! It's good stuff indeed! I'll probobly bring my Sigma to the DEC gathering, so you don't have to bring a supergun (unless we want two).

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
:crying: Awww, I always miss the good stuff.

Next time no drinking.

S. Short Skank

Kabuki Klasher
Criterionradiohead said:
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who took time to come out to the gathering. It was great to see you all again, and meet a few new people.

Thank you to everyone who brought TVs and games. Extra special thanks to those who came back on Sunday to help clean, move furniture, etc... couldn't have done it without you guys.

I have to say, I loved the setup this time. It really felt like old times at the arcade with all the TVs gathered in the middle. The arcade screams were a plenty at this get together. :D

I have just one gripe (and yeah, I know many of you have already heard this) but man... we need more Neo Geo at the Neo Gathering. Now you all know I could give two shits or a fuck about people bringing countless other games and systems besides the Neo, but when there is a meager two Neo Geo's, and one of them is broken... that just doesn't cut it. We couldn't even play League Bowling link up if we had wanted to. So, what I'm asking of all of you, is next time bring your Neo Games (NOT THE FREAKIN' ROMS... even though I did enjoy plenty of TSS), bring your home systems, hell if your feeling ambitious bring your cabs... but there has to be more Neo Geo at the Neo Gathering. We are all collectors to some extent, whether some of us want to admit it or not. We all know what the games are worth and how to take good care of them. OK... my ranting is done. :D

See you guys at the next get together... or likely before then.

Criterionradiohead ;)

Yes, thanks Criterion! This was my first gathering...after all the many stories of how blissfully fun they are, I thought I'd join you guys for once...and yes I had fun in dorkdum! Thank for hosting the gathering! Thanks for for inviting me! And, by the way...you're mighty cute when you're sleeping...ask Verbatum...

LIVINGWONDER

Cheng's Errand Boy
Hey, how many of you have superguns? I know Ryu1972 has one and Verbatum has one, are there other MN members that have superguns?

Magician

20 Year Member
I got a cab. Does that count? :make_fac:

Playing teh Neo carts on some make-shift do-hickey just isn't natural man.

The only way to go is by playing teh romz on da box. Uh huh, all nat-ur-al, yo!

:loco:

Oh yah, Verbatum. When should I start giving you loot for the Atomiswave? My mini cab beckons it.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Magician said:

HEY! I promised not to get drunk in the first 10 min. for this one and I was able to acheive that so there!

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I have a cab. I am in the process of making a supergun, have about half of the stuff needed to finish it. Mainly going to be used for a test bench.

Verbatum

Rugal's Panther
LIVINGWONDER said:
Hey, how many of you have superguns? I know Ryu1972 has one and Verbatum has one, are there other MN members that have superguns?

Yep I have one. Just out of wondering: Why do you want to know about which MN members have one? :spock:

LIVINGWONDER

Cheng's Errand Boy
Verbatum said:
Yep I have one. Just out of wondering: Why do you want to know about which MN members have one?
I'm curious cuz from what I've noticed the MN members have some of the biggest collections out there. :buttrock:

MedicineHorse

Crossed Swords Squire
Garou?

Next gathering, look me up and I'll gladly dish out the Garou pain. :glee: We had it going for quite a while though, you must have missed it.

-M