MN: MOMA Auction 10/30

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
The annual MOMA auction is coming up on 10/30. This will be held in Maple Grove by Grafe Auctions. Details on their site.

An additional event happening on the 15th is the Avatar pinball release party up at Blainbrook. Will be starting around 7. I realize this is a conflict with Mike's party but thought I would throw it out there.

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I'll be there. I don't mind just looking and its also good to see what things are going for.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'll definitely make it. I missed last year's.

I like to look too, although I'm specifically looking for one of the following:
Elevator Action
Vendetta
Galaga Cocktail
Neo 4 or 6 slot

Pinball Circus is this Sat. too.

Grinwing

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Looks like I will have to finish putting my Elevator Action back together and have you over.

I will be there on Sat for the Circus, but not on Sun.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Partial list of games:

(2) Big Buck shooting games

(2) Deer Hunting USA shooting game

Wing Shooting Championship shooting game

Confidential Mission shooting game

Turkey Hunting

Area 51 shooting game

(3) Silver Streak 2007 Bowlers Club

Sega Out Run driving game

Sky Target driving game

(3) Daytona USA driving games

Winding Heat driving game

Cruis’n USA driving game

(2) Foosball tables

Virtua Fighters

Gauntlet Legends

Feeding Frenzy

Crazy Taxi

World Class Bowling

Sunset Riders

T-Mek game

Curtis Dart Game

Pig Out

Solitaire

(4) bar top games

(5) Rowe AMI juke boxes, CDs

Firebird wall mount juke box CDs

300 CDs

Tiger Paw crane vending game

Prize vending machine

Gumball machine

(8) 25 cent candy vending machines

Sunset Riders and Crazy Taxi?

Guess I'll be going after all...

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Went there too early (I was the first one there)

Not a bad selection.

Somebody (was it tung fu rue?) won a 4 Slot for $150 with Top Players Golf, Samurai 3, Super Sidekicks 2, and Matrimelee in it. Pretty good deal. It was in good shape except for the mariquee had a crack in it.

Other highlights included a Star Trek Voyager (it's aged badly), Star Wars Trilogy (Screen Burn-In), Raiden II, Magic Sword (screen problem), Stand Up Crazy Taxi (sticky gas pedal), two Sunset Riders (1 pretty good shape, another conversion), 2 Metal Slug 4 Dedicated 1 slots, MoCap Boxing, Police 911 2 (had a sensor problem), Gunforce (Went for $70, in pretty good shape), Elvira and the Party Monsters pinball with broken glass.

Only things Id've been interested in would have been the Neo and Police 911 2 except police was a huge cab. Hopefully they'll be a move port collection. I would have bidded on the Neo, but our basement is a mess and we don't have room right now. Maybe next year.

Edit: Wow! You guys were smokin' crack thinking last year's was bad... AvP, Stun Runner, Planet harriers, APB. Too bad I missed it. This years was much worse than last according to the below video. They seemed to have more garbage like air hockey, juke boxes, and cranes this year too. Lower numbers of things too.

I saw a guy taking video of it, so hopefully he'll post this years stuff too.

Double Edit:

Here's a video tour of this year's auction:

Last edited:

Fett

Camel Slug
What was up with the yellow screen on that 4-slot, bad monitor? If it's just a needed color adjustment it's a good deal, but add the preice of a new monitor to the other needed repairs and it's kind of a sour deal.
LOL @ the auctioneer (porky pig) asking which of the 4 games he wants when the guy won.

Anyone happen to catch how much those 2 slug 4 dedicated cabs went for? Curious if it was much more than the value of just the cart.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Just got home from work. Yeah that was me that bought the 4 slot. I'm hoping the monitor is just needing a tint adjustment, but we'll see. I'll mess with it tomorrow. Would've messed with it there, if I didn't have to unscrew the back to mess with it. Is that how all/most Neo cabs are? Every other cab I have just uses a key to get back there.... No big deal I guess... I talked to Grinwing there and he said its more likely an adjustment or maybe needs a new cap kit. Hopefully just an adjustment, since I've never done a cap kit before..... I'll check it out tomorrow.

Yeah there were some interesting cabs there. I'm pretty happy for my friend who bought one of the flatscreen Megatouch wallmounts (The one that worked) for only $250!!!??? I now feel like a sucker buying my Touchmaster two years ago at a previous MOMA auction for $225, all well. His brother picked up that Raiden II machine and the Megatouch Jade. The Raiden looked like the monitor was kind of goofy, but upon closer inspection after he bought it, it looked like just a grounding issue.

Good times

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
LOL @ the auctioneer (porky pig) asking which of the 4 games he wants when the guy won.

Anyone happen to catch how much those 2 slug 4 dedicated cabs went for? Curious if it was much more than the value of just the cart.

Yeah, that guy is a real ballbuster! When he told some little girl (guessing around age 9 or so) that she just bid hundreds of dollars on whatever machine it was he was selling, the look on her face made me laugh my ass off. I've been going to these for the last five or six years and he's always been there and is usually pretty funny.

Can't remember what those MS4 cabs went for, but god damn were they UGLY. If they went for anything over $200 they got ripped off IMO. Well maybe not if you just took the hardware out and sold the cab.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Bump

Added video of this year's auction