Modded sticks are in!

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
I sent off my sticks to Xian Xi to be modded about a month ago. It turns out that USPS has some kind of Nazi/monopoly-like scheme going on where their own priority boxes ship faster for the same cost as shipping in a regular box...anyhow, i got them back today and i couldn't be happier. They function and feel great. I would highly recommend this service/mod to anyone with the classic sticks. Thanks again, Xian Xi! :buttrock:

dscn0490f.jpg

dscn0489q.jpg

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
why did you send them in to be modded?
they weren't functioning right?
for better parts?
is the one on the right modded too?

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
why did you send them in to be modded?
they weren't functioning right?
for better parts?
is the one on the right modded too?

both were modded. one in black, one in neo candy cab.

i just wanted it done for new parts. My joystick balltops were cracked pretty bad and i couldn't take the squeaky buttons :lolz:

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
My joystick balltops were cracked pretty bad and i couldn't take the squeaky buttons :lolz:
nice. i too have a pretty beat up stick that i want to mod like this. i'm also thinking about using something like dynamat (alubutyl) and adhesive backed foam on top of it to make it a bit heavier and less noisy.

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
nice. i too have a pretty beat up stick that i want to mod like this. i'm also thinking about using something like dynamat (alubutyl) and adhesive backed foam on top of it to make it a bit heavier and less noisy.

sounds pretty legit. i could probably use some additional weight to it, though i am getting used to their feather-ness.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Are those joystick balls larger than the stock neo? It looks like it, but it's hard to tell.

I generally don't like colored buttons on an old style stick, but yours looks pretty badass.

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
Are those joystick balls larger than the stock neo? It looks like it, but it's hard to tell.

I generally don't like colored buttons on an old style stick, but yours looks pretty badass.

Yes, they are larger. How much? I have no idea :tickled: Xian Xi could probably tell you.

Thanks! :cool:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
They are 35mm ball tops, I think stock is ~20mm.

Grandmaster B

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Those joysticks are neat.
I prefer the color mod. On the black one, the stick and buttons don't seem to match the color of the board.

SNKNostalgia

Aero Fighters Flyboy
This reminds me how the A button on both my sticks are beginning to wear in a bit. Thanks to button mashers like King of The Monsters, Metal Slug 3 and bonus rounds on Fatal Fury 1.

I am also loosing a little bit of the solid clickyness on my most used stick. I might just get new condition sticks and mod the ones I own kinda soon.

Hit Man X

n00b
Another Jag CD owner too, huh? :lolz:

The different colored buttons are not to my fancy, but they appear well done. :)

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
This reminds me how the A button on both my sticks are beginning to wear in a bit. Thanks to button mashers like King of The Monsters, Metal Slug 3 and bonus rounds on Fatal Fury 1.

I am also loosing a little bit of the solid clickyness on my most used stick. I might just get new condition sticks and mod the ones I own kinda soon.

I can attest to the fact that these Seimitsu buttons will probably last forever so if your looking for a replacement, this is it.

The stick problem your are having, well..i think doing a full stick mod (ex. swap w/ Sanwa board) as opposed to what i have done, being mostly cosmetic, would fix you up well.

Another Jag CD owner too, huh? :lolz:

The different colored buttons are not to my fancy, but they appear well done. :)

Jag rules. :buttrock:

Mathius

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Those are really cool, Mr. Kevums! Congratualations! :)

I had a Jag too BITD. I kinda miss it now.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If that's not an actual Sanwa joystick mod, what did you have done to it? Just swap out the shafts?

Also thumbs up to Seimitsu buttons. I like them a bit better than Sanwa and a lot better than the Happs.

Mr.Kevums

Legend.,
20 Year Member
If that's not an actual Sanwa joystick mod, what did you have done to it? Just swap out the shafts?

Also thumbs up to Seimitsu buttons. I like them a bit better than Sanwa and a lot better than the Happs.

Just swapped the shafts and balltops.

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
Cool Sticks. Xian Xi did a good job. He's one of the regulars here that knows his stuff.