Modding an X'Eye for s-video

Jesterzzn

Marked Wolf
I read that the original Wondermega had native s-video support. So I was wanting to mod my X'Eye to take advantage, anyone know where I can get information? Any ideas on where to begin? After busting my X'Eye open, its obvious I am going to need some help getting started. Thanks.

segasonicfan

Camel Slug
This mod might be a little tricky for a beginner...but hey, if you want to do it I won't stop ya. You should check out the main page on www.gamesx.com for information on the Sony CXA chroma encoders. In there you'll find information about extracting S-Video from gaming consoles including the X'eye. I don't know if it has the CXA1645 or the 1145 but both can be modded for S-video output. For the 1145 there's a schematic on GameSX I posted (in the CXA wiki) and for the 1645 you just need to put 75 ohm resistors and 220uf caps on the Y/C outputs. If you don't what this means though (I don't know how new you are to modding) I would not recommend doing this mod.

-Segasonicfan

Last edited:

Argentina94

Slug Flyer Pilot
20 Year Member
I'm in the same boat. Since the video chip is the same as the Neo's CXA1145, it shouldn't be too different. But I don't know how to adjust for the extra two chips involved in the neo mod.

They may only be ground points but I don't know. The Mod Kit from the Neo store should include all the necessary parts plus the X'Eye already has a spot for the s-video port.