More 4 slot problems...

thundr51

Bead Banger
now I have a new problem, the
sound is in stereo and I only have 1 speaker. I remember my one slot
sounding the same way but then there was a switch on the board that allowed
me to change it. I don't see a switch on this board. My jamma harness has
only 2 wires for a speaker, something tells me I'm in a bit of trouble.

Oh yeah, before I forget, for some reason when I switch on the unit it only
starts with the game thats in slot 2 (LB1 for now). Is this normal or is
there some way to change this?

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thundr51:

Oh yeah, before I forget, for some reason when I switch on the unit it only
starts with the game thats in slot 2 (LB1 for now). Is this normal or is
there some way to change this?

I think that is normal. I had Pulstar in Slot 4 and Strikers 1945, Metal Slug X, and Metal Slug 3. It always defaults to Pulstar. Strikers 1945 is always the LAST game the system defaults to. It has to be the ONLY game in to default to it. I know its no big deal, but it makes me wonder why it does this.

------------------
29406164.gif

---GROOVY!!!---

thundr51

Bead Banger
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by djbomberman:
I think that is normal. I had Pulstar in Slot 4 and Strikers 1945, Metal Slug X, and Metal Slug 3. It always defaults to Pulstar. Strikers 1945 is always the LAST game the system defaults to. It has to be the ONLY game in to default to it. I know its no big deal, but it makes me wonder why it does this.

I think I know why it does this. I moved LB1 up and moved Garou in it's place and LB1 STILL plays first. I think it does this because when I had my one slot and was playing Garou I never saw the SNK/NeoGeo bootup screen, it would show the warning and such. SO i'm guessing that it's looking for a cart that's going to display the logo first and since garou doesn't it goes with what it can find which would be LB1. Of course this is just a theory so I could be vERY wrong.

thundr51

Bead Banger
Just to let everyone know, i fixed my sound problems and everything is just ducky! Thanx to a Steffen from the NGML hookin' me up with some pinouts. Now i'm playing in style and in Stereo!

------------------

[This message has been edited by thundr51 (edited March 28, 2001).]